Monday, February 14, 2022

Politics: Yes, Minorities are Hard Workers

I had originally wanted to name this post something else. I was going to use the word immigrant in place of minorities. But I realize that I would be making an assumption. Still, I can say for sure that some want you to believe that minorities aren’t hard workers and don’t do the bottom feeder jobs in life. I can tell you that that assumption is wrong.

While I can’t talk much about work and won’t mention the company’s name that I work at, I can tell you that on a snowy day fairly recently, it was the Hispanics showing up to work early and putting in overtime hours while a lot of the white people took personal days. None of what I’d consider the minorities were missing work around that time while a lot of the white people just took that day off. 

While this is hardly the only example of this, people don’t want you to believe that they are there doing the jobs that white people don’t want to do or choose not to do. But they do that. They do what they want to in order to get what they need to done. And they are hard workers.

No comments:

Post a Comment