Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Episode from 10-16-2016

I am trying to catch up on this blog, although that might be more hard as time goes by if I'm not able to watch the shows on tape I have recorded. In a way, I'm blocked with what I could be watching. Now I have cheats for when I can update this blog which is why you are seeing it updated today. These cheats will be used whenever possible unless they don't work out sometime, in which case, they would be moved back to my TV blog and I would be updating that instead. The way that I update this blog is going to change starting in March. Instead of the Sunday following the first Saturday having a guaranteed post and the next Sunday having a post if there was a new episode of this show then until there was no new episode, at which point the updates would reset to the next month, I'll be alternating Sundays between posting this and another blog. Using a cheat will decide which Sunday the alternations will start on. This will be in addition to any cheat days that I use. The alternations will continue until either April 9th, Palm Sunday, or April 16th, Easter. After that, I plan on posting here every Sunday regarding of old rules. Hopefully I can get caught up on posts at some point, although I don't know yet if I'll have to skip any episodes or not. Now that you've put up with this long, added introduction, let's get to the actual post.

Sometimes I talk about other shows in the useless introduction to this blog. Well, I’m at it again. Gary Glasberg, who is the showrunner of NCIS and NCIS: New Orleans, as well as the creator of NCIS: New Orleans, died during production of NCIS: New Orleans’s third season and NCIS’s fourteenth season. I doubt this is the first instance of a showrunner dying during their show’s production, but this is the first time that I’m familiar with this happening. You do have to wonder how this would affect both shows. You’d think that both shows would have different people take over as showrunner for them.

I noticed a recent episode of NCIS: New Orleans was written by Brad Kern, who was the showrunner of Charmed from its third season onward. He would make a great showrunner. I don’t know if the transition for NCIS: New Orleans will be as smooth as it otherwise could have been if there was a simple replacement. NCIS has already lost its first two showrunners, although this is likely to be their worst change thus far. I guess we’ll see what happens with it in the future.

It’s unlikely that I will be changing any show watching on my list soon, although I will be done with season one of Dollhouse pretty soon. I am replacing it with season one of Gilmore Girls, which I’m borrowing from a friend. I just don’t see a change from one show to another show for quite some time, although I could be finishing them all around the same time. I just hope that I’m able to roll the choices a lot as the rolls don’t always go my way.

Now that it is October, this means that I will be watching any Halloween episodes of certain shows that are next in line in their order of shows that I’m watching on DVD. This also means that I will be able to watch any and all Halloween themed episodes that are next in line as long as it is still this month. So what does all that mean? Well, let’s start with what I haven’t been able to watch. I was watching the first season of The Big Bang Theory and stopped before its Halloween episode. I did the same with the first season of Invader Zim. Interestingly, both of them are shows that I have to start watching again in future years when I have the option of adding them again.

There are other potential things on the list (or waiting to be added to the list) that involve Halloween related episodes. The first season of Power Rangers which I’m watching has a Halloween episode. In fact, in might have two, but one aired in May so I’m not sure it counts. I’ll add Charmed season 2 to the list and the next season has a Halloween episode. Another future addition to the list is the first season of NCIS and the fourth season has a Halloween episode. Those are the only ones I know of where the next holiday related episode of the show is a Halloween one.

I can finally bring you updates as to some of the football consideration that I was doing. I hope to have a full ranking of the teams that I will support at the end of this football season. Anyways, the Colts beat the Bears in that game. I’m still mad at the Colts for effectively delaying even more the season premiere of NCIS: Los Angeles, but since they beat the Chargers in that game, at least they rank ahead of one team. I’m not considering rooting for the Bears long term so this game is practically meaningless to me. The other game of interest, between the Chargers and the Raiders, was a win for the Raiders. In all the teams that they have competed against that I would root for, the Chargers have currently lost all of them, thus making them a good bottom pick, even if they are still in contention for me to root for if they aren’t one that I mentioned last blog post. Hopefully this makes sense.

If I may actually talk about the show for a moment, I’ve noticed that they are not revealing political parties in this show for some odd reason. They won’t say what party Elizabeth and Conrad are from. It seems odd that they wouldn’t reveal their party for sure. I mean, I was under the impression that these people are actually Democrats, but they might actually be Republicans instead. Is there any reason why they haven’t told us what party these people are from? Also, why would supporting the idea of climate change be a problem, even if you are a Republican?

As I check for sports, I notice that neither of the CBS affiliates of mine are showing sports right before primetime. This means that there is certain to be no delays on that network today. Well, not in my region at least. FOX is expected to air football and postgame coverage until 7. The game has the score of Dallas Cowboys 17 and Green Bay Packers 6 going into the start of the third quarter. Now I normally can’t see the score on my standard definition TV on FOX football games, but I do hope to find ways of staying updated and I know where to find it online in case I miss the final score.

As the game progresses, the Cowboys gain more points as the Packers retain the same score. It appears that the Packers are playing poorly this time and the crowd keeps booing them. The score is now Cowboys 20, Packers 9. I won’t be able to keep up with the game full time because at six I leave it to watch 60 Minutes. But I will check the score when I can.

A CBS sports update informs me that the Cowboys won, although I couldn’t see the final score for long. It will be nice having the shows air on time on CBS. I check FOX and they have switched to another game. The Seattle Seahawks are one of the teams playing. I don’t know who the other team is until they mention that it is Atlanta. Which team plays in Atlanta? Who is winning? I don’t know just yet. I switch back to 60 Minutes. I don’t catch the end of the game, but I do look up the score later online. First I’ll tell you about the older game. The Cowboys won against the Packers 30 to 16. I learn that the team from Atlanta is the Falcons. Who won that game? The Seahawks won the close game, 26 to 24.

Today’s episode is brought to you by no delay. We begin with Henry and Elizabeth talking to the FBI about what to do regarding the stolen/hacked laptop. Jason is reluctant to change his hand in his phone. There are problems with a party person who doesn’t like Conrad running as an independent. He also has some sort of health issue.

In segment two, Jason continues to be defiant with his phone and password which gets him grounded. I’ve never been grounded so I have no idea what that’s like or what it means. Elizabeth goes to Algeria, but things go very badly there. Whatever person they are talking with ends up executing someone that Elizabeth’s team was trying to work with.

In segment three, the situation with Algeria seems bad, but Elizabeth works to fix it. She gets information from her husband that helps her decide to fly back to Algeria and work things out. Also, a SWAT team decides to go to Jason’s school after a report of a kid with a gun surfaces.

In segment four, Elizabeth delays her trip for a moment in order to check out the situation with Jason. They suspect that some sort of prank happened. She then flies to Algeria and decides to go elsewhere then the original plan was. This gets her in trouble with the foreign leader.

In segment five, we continue where we left off in the tense Algeria moment. The president of Algeria wants to arrest Elizabeth and the man she is talking to; only the tables turn on him and he gets arrested. There is video of a fake bombing by the looks of things. A note in Jason’s locker makes it seem that whoever did the gun threat can go after their family at any time.


On the next Madam Secretary, it appears that there’s another international crisis, this time with people who might have been taken illegally in some way. I guess that we will find out more for sure when it airs. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment