Friday, January 16, 2015

Episode from 1-11-2015

I knew it wouldn’t take long for one of my choices of things to watch on VHS or DVD that is an hour or shorter to change. Well it did. The Bible Special has been watched and is now gone from the list. It has been replaced by the complete series of Moonlight. So here’s the new order: 1- Charmed, 2- Farscape, 3- Great Nature Videos, 4- Historic Stuff, 5- Moonlight, with six being the recorded shows on VHS that has at least one old episode of Madam Secretary. It might have other ones in the future. We’ll see what ends up happening with that.

This episode is airing against the Golden Globes, which I normally watch. With no reception problems with NBC (a good thing, believe me), I decide that I will record Madam Secretary on my laptop and probably ignore anything else that’s new tonight. FOX was airing a movie and not sports so I don’t have to worry about them. ABC is coming in, but I can’t watch it. My secondary CBS affiliate is airing a football game: Indiana versus Denver. Indiana is winning. I then check my primary CBS affiliate which is airing the same game.

The EPG that I use says that Madam Secretary isn’t set to begin until an hour later. Now if it airs an hour later than usual or my two CBS affiliates are airing shows at different times, when Madam Secretary returns to its normal time, I will then start a new blog about the Good Wife. So you may have to look forward to that other new blog if you are a fan of that show. I’ll post the link here when I start it, which I probably will. The football game was only in its third quarter so there’s a lot of it left to play. I decide to watch the red carpet special of the Golden Globes in the meantime. During a commercial, I check CBS again. The game is still airing and Indiana is still winning. I go back to NBC. I do stuff during the commercial break and thus I don’t have a chance to check CBS for stuff. The next break, I do check and Indiana is still winning. That also means that the game is still happening this long. At the next break, I haven’t noticed if the score has changed on the football game. The game ends with Indiana winning. The Colts beat the Broncos. This is before it becomes seven, but that doesn’t mean that they will start the next programming immediately. I’ll check back later, if I can.

It turns out that they are airing a post game show I think. This is probably to make sure that the programming doesn’t start earlier on the programs for those who DVR the programs instead of watching it live. I’m glad that they treat their DVR viewers better than their live viewers (sarcasm!) as if I had my way with CBS, they won’t air any sports on Sunday and thus, would never have to worry about delays as to when their programs air. At least it will be a manageable delay. I’ll be sure to record the show and watch it later. As for other Sunday shows, as I said before, I don’t care about missing them this week. I’m always annoyed that the other networks air new things against the Golden Globes year after year. I mean, other award shows don’t have counterprogramming to them and these people are continuing as if nothing unusual is happening. Treat the Golden Globes seriously!

I wind up recording this show on my laptop. As usual, I will blog about it later. I need to find a good method of writing this blog while watching this episode. Also, I need to figure out when to watch it. Remember that I’ll never know when I post, just that it will probably not be on Sundays, when it airs, or on Wednesdays, when I’m sure to post a different blog of mine about Survivor (unless something strange happens or it is during Lent or Advent, when I post about the episode the next day). So look here whenever you can after a new episode and I should post about it at some point. Just not sure when. Meanwhile, I need to get to the point of this blog.

Today’s episode brought to you by an hour delay. It begins with a foreign diplomat who committed a crime and wants to use his diplomatic immunity to get away with it. Henry’s father is visiting his family. Not sure what to make of that. They decide to act against the foreign person.

The next segment brings up the topic of a stolen pen. While I like this show, I don’t like it when it has terrible b plots like that. Elizabeth talks to the person who was the victim of the serious crime being dealt with in this episode. But it’s hard to make much of it yet.

Elizabeth has supper with a different diplomat from the same country as the one who is in trouble. She sends the bad people back while convincing him to act on it in his country, since he has more authority. Meanwhile, Stevie learns that her grandfather isn’t in a strong position with his union like he originally claimed. Not sure what to make of that. Apparently, the stolen pen ended up on Elizabeth’s desk and she gives it to a kid at an event, not knowing what it is. Then, the good diplomat is killed when he’s announcing that action will be taken again the bad one and there are issues with what should be done about the funeral regarding whether or not Elizabeth should go to it.

In the end, Elizabeth does go to the funeral. She does it without her staff, but, I’m guessing, there’s some protection, right? They wouldn’t just let someone that important leave without any security, right? Back to the grandfather: he’s sorry for what has happened regarding the union that he was pretty much kicked out of, I think.

The last segment clarifies some things for me. Turns out that Elizabeth didn’t actually do to the funeral, although she did visit the country to talk to someone there. A lot of people have positive reactions to that. Then, we have the pen situation which serves a romantic subplot. The person will get a replacement pen. And I have to learn that character’s name.


There’s no new episode this coming Sunday due to an AFC championship game. Guess that I’ll be back some other time with a blog post on the next episode. I’ll also let you know when I started my blog on the TV show The Good Wife by posting a link here when that blog is started. Not sure when it will be, but hopefully, it will be soon. If this show isn’t on delay, then you can expect a new blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment