Saturday, December 19, 2015

Episode from 10-11-2015

Okay, so continuing the list regarding TV shows, the next episode of 8 Simple Rules to watch is a Halloween episode. Hopefully, I’ll be able to roll this choice before October is over. You see, I would have watched it automatically if it were removed from the list and it would have to be added back onto the list so I could watch the episodes between that and the Thanksgiving episode the first season. Hopefully I can do that before Thanksgiving or I could easily be screwed. Also, Thanksgiving is when I have to watch the season 7 episode of NCIS that relates to Thanksgiving which probably means watching it sometime in November. Hopefully I can watch any Halloween episodes this year with some of the shows that I’m watching, although I’m certain that I won’t be able to for some. At least, by now, 8 Simple Rules will get an automatic watch.

I learn that today is a doubleheader day on CBS. What that basically boils down to is that there will be at least a 30 minute delay for shows, if not longer. This will be the first of multiple doubleheaders this season. So I tune into my primary CBS affiliate and see that the Patriots are playing the team from Dallas. The Patriots are winning. I check my FOX affiliate and they are not airing football at all. Were games blacked out in this affiliate and that’s why they aren’t airing football today? Whatever the reason, I will be watching FOX shows until at least 7. My secondary CBS affiliate is airing the same game as my primary CBS affiliate. I just wish that I could remember the name of the team from Dallas. It looks like I might not be able to watch ABC shows today. This could change. No ABC today means no Once Upon a Time or Quantico for me. The epg doesn’t list the shows that are on FOX today. How am I supposed to know that the shows will be 7- The Simpsons, 7:30- Brooklyn Nine-Nine, 8- Family Guy, and 8:30- The Last Man on Earth? Wait a second… I guess it is just the 6 to 7 hour that I don’t know today.

They are showing the Grinder on FOX at 6. Since I’m not interested, I’ll switch back to football, even though I’m not interested in that either. I don’t have good alternatives. Plus, I need to make sure that I have the right amount of time of the delay down. Will it be 30 minutes or more? There’s basically no change in the football game as the Patriots are still winning. In fact, it will probably not change. I don’t see how the team from Dallas can turn things around. There seems to be a consensus on this and they are declared the winners. Due to the four minutes of commercials that they need to air after a sports game for some odd reason, it looks like the delay is just a bit over 30 minutes. I watch Bob’s Burgers in the meantime. Soon, I will watch the Simpsons and record this on VHS while watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Family Guy.

Today’s episode is brought to you by 33 minute delay. There is an important Russian figure that is missing. This would make sense as we see more Russian stuff throughout the season that I have already seen before this one. Here we set up Henry talking with Demetri and other Russian students of his. I can’t tell what to make of Elizabeth’s subplot just yet. You’d think that me watching this on tape instead of my TV tuner would be helpful, but maybe not.

In segment two, Elizabeth talks about the prisoner and learns that someone is coming to visit to talk about it. There are problems with Stevie from the previous episode. Henry is working to resolve that. After getting information in the form of a video, Elizabeth gets more information with the case at hand she’s working on.

In segment three, more of the captive case is revealed. It turns out that the people who took him captive were not Taliban as previously thought. They were people that thought they were wronged and weren’t able to get into the US like they wanted to. People try to rescue the captive.

In segment four, various people are in the situation room talking about what’s going on. Someone is brought in to help the situation. There is a tense and dramatic situation. The president decides not to attack the Taliban and just orders the person evacuated.

In segment five, there is more of the talking stick, which seems pretty stupid to me at least. They learn that Stevie is trying to get into law school. A person comes to visit the McCords. That is when they learn that the Russian president is dead, something that ties into future episodes. Henry does more into getting Demetri to help him in the future.


On the next Madam Secretary, Elizabeth tries to make stuff good with Russia. I’ve already seen and blogged about the episode in question, even though you’ll probably see it as normal instead of out of order as I saw it. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment