Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Politics: Dangerous Myths about the Poor

You might be confused as to why I am updating this blog now. Well, a certain cheat of mine caused me to update my TV blog. Then one day, it wouldn't have worked so I moved it to this blog. Once it didn't work for this blog again, I moved it back to my TV blog. After this, I moved it back to this blog again starting with this post. You see, I had rolled a movie length Survivor special on a Tuesday. I had decided that Tuesdays were unfilled so I could then make Tuesdays a weekly update of my TV blog. Thus, with today being a Tuesday and the cheat to update on Tuesdays not applying to a blog that's already updated on that day, I would thus have to update this blog instead of my TV blog. Now that I've said this, I might as well get to saying what the rest of this post is about.

I can’t even believe all of the crap that I’ve heard as reasons not to support the poor people. So many people seem to think that they are lazy people living off of government money and that is just one of many myths about them. I will hopefully get rid of all of them in this post.

Myth one: People want to be homeless. Why it’s not true: Being a beggar in life would be such a terrible thing to go through. Why would someone want something like this? When Steve Harvey looks back at his life, I doubt that he thinks: Man, I miss being homeless. People do not seek this out as a life goal. This isn’t something that anyone wants or desires in life.

Myth two: People on welfare are just gaming the system. Why it’s not true: Sure, there could be more work with making sure that the people on welfare actually need it. But most of the people on this just can’t work in any way, at least for the moment. They need the government’s help for the time and will then work once they are able to find work.

Myth three: Jesus wouldn’t help the poor. Why it’s not true: Read the bible and you will learn that this is not true. It is hard to believe that people actually think things like this. Jesus said a lot of bad about the rich while explaining that one has to help the poor.

Myth four: If we help the rich, this will help everyone else. Why it’s not true: This policy has been accurately described as voodoo economics. People push tax cuts for the rich as if they will all use this money to help everyone else out. Not all rich people are philanthropists or willing to share their money with others that are not already required by taxes.

Myth five: The poor need to be taxed more. Why it’s not true: These people aren’t going to get money to pay others and if you want to tax someone, tax people who can afford it and would still be rich after their taxes are paid.


You might wonder what any of this post has to do with politics. It seems like the Democrats are more willing to help the poor nowadays while Republicans take a fuck you attitude to them while calling them lazy and wondering why they just don’t get jobs easily. You could be part of the solution or you could be part of the problem. There will always be poor people if we do nothing to help get rid of the problem. If I’m to be convinced that Republicans are actually good people, they would care about helping the poor instead of spreading and believing dangerous myths like these. I’m sure that people don’t like to be poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment