Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Politics: The Five BEST Things about Trump

It was at some point during the Trump administration where I promised my cousin in-law to at one point post on facebook what the five best things about Trump are. This post will be like what you will eventually see of this on a future facebook status update of mine. This was largely due to a conversation dating from June of 2018 where this was part of the discussion. I wasn’t able to finish that list then, but I’m going to do that now.

Rules: I actually had no agreed upon rules going into this post, but I still thought that I would lay out a few ground rules as I do this post. I’m going to have to do this without sarcasm. I can’t, for instance, mention how Trump helped ruin the career of that former senator and attorney general whose name I don’t recall as a positive as that is clearly sarcastic. I also will try my best to do this without caveats either. I will have to do this by not saying this is a good thing, but… Now let’s get to the list and sorry in advance if there are a lot of caveats after all.

5 Helping with funding to develop a coronavirus vaccine: Perhaps the only good thing that he did with the pandemic was putting effort into funding a vaccine. Now I have information saying that one of the major vaccines was not involved with Operation Warpspeed, the Trump based vaccine funding thing. But it was still a good thing to spend his money trying to fix the pandemic with the only way that it will end.

#4 Missile strikes against Iran: This may be a strange one to put on the list, but I feel that it is good to show a dictator that gassing his own people won’t be tolerated. There have been a lot of bullheaded moves that Trump have made without thinking of the consequences. This very well is one of them, but at least one that shows how one should respond against egregious acts.

#3 Working some with North Korea: I have no idea how Trump actually managed to rationalize this one since he was very childish with this country starting out. And one could correctly point out that he shouldn’t be cozying up to dictators. But he did do what he could to deescalate the situation with this country and make the place less likely to cause issues for a moment.

#2 Dealing serious blows to ISIS: No, he didn’t defeat ISIS as some still incorrectly believe (which should be evident by all the times you hear from them in the news such as their reaction to the storming of the capitol), but he helped bring in severe damage to the terrorist group as they suffered a lot of setbacks due to the Trump administration.

#1 Signing autism related bill: This may be a bit overlooked and seem irrelevant in some ways. Plus, it seems odd that he is against protecting health care coverage for people with pre-existing conditions. But he still did this good bill that I’m glad my sister told me about. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/trump-signs-18-billion-autism-cares-act/story?id=66002425&cid=social_fb_abcn&fbclid=IwAR04ojSI6YNMZU558xrx0HMK9NhKaj-WEX7dyanszFNl3YIlxOmbY0_e-XE

That’s it for this post. I wish that I could include his ways against abortion, but he is far from pro-life with the way that he handled the pandemic and other issues that lead to death that I just could not say that in a genuine way. Still, these are the five best things that I could think of that he did. I even avoided sharing anti-Trump things for a brief time on facebook until after the 2019 elections once I learned of what I’m sharing again via this link. I wonder if I did a good thing with this list or not. Stay tuned for the similar facebook post.

No comments:

Post a Comment