Monday, November 22, 2021

Madam Secretary Season 2 Review

I have too short a time to do this and am a bit sick by pushing myself too far and still working at the moment in time. But I think that I know what to write about in a short amount of time. I have no idea just how long you will go without seeing a random post like this again. This must get done so I might as well get it done and over with.

 

Season 2 overview: Starting with a hack on Air Force One, we learn a lot about tensions with Russia that are a plot thread throughout the whole season. But there is more to the story than what is going on since more than just one country is up to something. I was seeing a lot of the show out of order and blogging about it very strangely at the time.

 

How this season was different from others: This season had more of a role for Conrad for the rest of the series outside of the last one. It didn’t have too much different about it, but I did like the recurring plot elements of it that we would see, some of it largely in this season.

 

What made it good: It continued some important plot points from the last season while largely doing into its own thing and trending its own way with new plots. We were introduced to Dmitri in this season and he became the most important recurring character on the show. This season also gave us the episode Invasive Species which was different from the rest of the episodes, but a very welcome change from what we normally see.

 

What made it bad: Too much of it relied on misdirection when we found out that Russia, while still an important player and having quite an important villainy role throughout the whole series, was not one of the main villains behind what was going on, which was a bit abandoned some.

 

More thoughts on it: If you remember this blog, this was the last season of the show where I did not talk a lot about politics at the time, although it might have been harder to tell that since posts were done out of order and much later than made sense despite normally being complete at the time. But this would be the part where I would lay the groundwork of interweaving current events of the time with the show itself as it went its own way.

 

There isn’t too much else to say so I will let you go with this last paragraph. I hope to not be too sick when Thanksgiving happens pretty soon and may take sick days from work, especially if they make me. I think that I’m fine (or I wouldn’t go into work), but I’ll see what they think. I hope that you enjoy this blog post as there is a lot more to write for other blogs that I need to make the time for in the next month or so. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment