Sunday, March 26, 2017

Episode from 11-13-2016

In all of the shows on the list of stuff to roll from, none of them have Thanksgiving episodes in the future. Well, it is possible that Gilmore Girls does, but since it is borrowed from someone else, I will not wait for it in the future if there is one. Also, no shows on tape can be holiday locked, as I call it. There is a show I was watching called 8 Simple Rules that has a Thanksgiving episode to watch next. I decided to wait until after the election to watch it. It is immediately followed by a Christmas episode, so I will probably watch that sometime in December.

The election is over and, like many people, I’m trying to wrap my head around the results of the election. Maybe I shouldn’t be too surprised that people wanted an outsider, but it doesn’t make much sense to me. The polling was also off. Looking at other election results compared to polls, you do have to wonder why polls are still used as much as they are. Other polls were wrong too, is what I’m saying. I wasn’t that thrilled with the thought of Hilary Clinton possibly becoming president. It might be good that some other woman will be the first female president (second, actually, after Edith Bolling Galt). Some people who might be a good female president include, but are not limited to: Claire McCaskill, Amy Klobuchar, Lisa Madigan, Barbara Boxer, Michelle Obama, Condoleezza Rice, and Elizabeth Warren.

In my mind, the main choice of the election was bad (Clinton) or worse (Trump). Why would anyone pick worse over bad? I know that Clinton had flaws and controversies, but doesn’t no political or even military experience seem like a huge red flag to people? You’d pick that over someone who has been a senator for eight years? Hopefully the Democrats or even the Republicans can pick a better candidate in 2020 and we can get a good president then. Of course, while I’m sounding like a major bummer about Trump, he could defy expectations and be a good president. And I honestly hope that Clinton doesn’t run again. She’s had her chance.

Before I finish the election talk, here’s some interesting trivia regarding it. Hilary Clinton is the fifth person to win the popular vote but lose the Electoral College and, thus, the election with it. The first was Andrew Jackson in 1824 who had a plurality of the electoral college, but still lost when it went to the House of Representatives since no one had enough of it. The 1876 election was controversial and lost by Samuel Tilden by one electoral vote. Many saw the election as rigged and there could have been another civil war over it, but this didn’t end up happening due to a compromise the next year. Sadly, racism may have continued in the south due to this. Grover Cleveland lost in 1888. Like Jackson, he ran four years later and won. And, of course, Al Gore controversially lost in 2000 after a Supreme Court decision. The date of that decision (December 12th), is what I now deem as opposite day. An interesting fact about these people is that all five are Democrats.

While you’ve probably seen a lot of updates before I’m able to post this one, I thought that I might as well do more of an explanation as to when this blog will be updated as an added bonus to the dedicated readers of this blog who have put up with these delays time and time again. I’m currently updating it every Sunday following the first Saturday of the month. If there was a new episode of the show that day, then I’d update the next Sunday until there is no new episode. It will reset at the beginning of every new month should the updates stop.

The fact that it is on Sundays can be a bit of a problem. I have other blogs that could potentially be updated on Sundays, like my Survivor, TV, or Elementary blogs. With the TV blog being updated on Saturdays, there was a potential problem regarding a cheat I used to use to update the blog. Well, I might as well move that cheat to this blog. The cheat involves unused offering envelopes from church services that I was not able to go to. A year later, I’m supposed to update this blog. Since I was not at my church for Thanksgiving last year, that would make it a Saturday to update that blog. Since I’m moving the cheat here, I’ll skip that planned Saturday post in my TV blog and make it an update here instead. I still might move the cheat back at some point or use a special way to share it.

I will tell you one more potential blog related info. Since during Advent and Lent, I will be updating my Survivor blog a day later than the episode airs, this means that I won’t be able to post any of my Elementary blog on Thursdays. This could potentially mean that I would alternate Sundays between posting that blog and this blog. Ultimately, the same rule as to when I would stop posting this blog would still be the same. And I would probably stop posting that on Sundays when I have Thursdays available again for updates. I will explain more during the random introduction to these new posts.

After 5:30, I check what is on what TV channels. Both of my CBS affiliates are airing the news (different news), but they will be airing shows on time. I check FOX and they are airing a game, but I can’t exactly tell who is playing just yet. It is the Cowboys and the Steelers who are playing each other and I think that the Cowboys are winning. They plan on airing football until 7. You know, the Steelers were almost a back-up team for me to root for, but they didn’t end up making my potential list of replacements. Of course, that post was probably already published by now. I’m thinking of reinstating them as a possible choice among the other teams. I’ll mention more after the Super Bowl airs.

I start watching the special post election episode of 60 Minutes #notmypresident (when is the election in 2020?). I have to remember not to get thrown off by certain Black Friday commercials and know that these are not Christmas commercials. I do a count of them each year before Advent starts. But Black Friday commercials are not really Christmas commercials so they don’t count on my list. I also notice during the first commercial break of 60 Minutes that the Cowboys are still winning. I’m fairly certain that the next election for president is on November 3rd. I’ll have to figure out how far away that is. From today, 11-13-2016, there are 1,441 days until the next election, if I have my numbers right.

The score and winning team changes while I watch 60 Minutes, but it is back to a Cowboys win by the time I tune in. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to catch the final score of it or not. It was the Cowboys that ended up winning the game. They are on an eight game winning streak which makes me wonder if they will be in the Super Bowl this year.

Today’s episode is brought to you by no delay. We begin with a suicide bombing in Illinois. This person went to the same mosque that Matt has donated to in the past. Matt is annoyed by these comparisons, especially considering how he considers himself to be agnostic. I don’t understand the agnostic belief. Why would God make himself unknowable? I know him. Dmitri finally shows up again. He destroys a TV at the place where he lives now. This gets him in jail as it is filed under destruction of property. Henry is informed of this situation and goes to investigate it. Alison is working on a project, but doesn’t seem to be doing what she should be with it.

In segment two, we get more of the campaign for president. I’m a bit confused as to why the show is behind in the timeframe of the present. Why hasn’t the election happened on the show yet? They show some of another candidate with clear parallels to Trump. Dmitri feels that he is not doing as much as he could be in the world anymore. Matt speaks with Russell about what to do with the bombing situation and it appears that the situation only gets worse because of it.

In segment three, I lose track of the show for a bit. Sorry about that. Anyways, Nadine wants Jay to take Matt out in order to help him. Elizabeth talks with a person who lost someone when they show up at the white house tour. Henry and Elizabeth talk about possibly using Dmitri, but feel that it is in their and his best interest not to make him an asset again. After being called a jihadist, Matt and Jay get into a fight at the bar they went to.

In segment four, Matt gives a good speech about why Muslims shouldn’t be jumbled in with terrorists. He says that his donation to the mosque was only about a playground there, which is what they got. He then requests a week off of work in order to be with his mom.

In segment five, Elizabeth and the woman from earlier who lost her daughter seem to ambush a foreign dignitary. With the work done, it appears that they were able to blame the mosque specifically from any blame. Dmitri’s sister appears to be brought over on a visa to be with him. It turns out that Alison’s essay, which kind of got short shafted, is better than the parents thought it would be. Lastly, Matt takes his mother to mosque.


On the next Madam Secretary, there is a crisis going on, but Elizabeth’s brother wants to ignore the risks and go into a country he might not be able to safely be in. What will happen? I guess that we will have to wait until next time to see. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment