Sunday, April 9, 2017

Episode from 11-20-2016

I’m really hope that there aren’t any new episodes the Sunday after Thanksgiving, of this show at least. Well, this show and Elementary. I am doing something different for Thanksgiving this year and will be lucky if I’m back in time for shows. I might watch it later on time if I don’t set up shows to record on tape. But we are still in the unreliable part of shows and I might just have to watch it later online as I just don’t see making the potential new episode on time, although I can always hope that I catch some of it. Meanwhile, my personal life has things that need focusing on and I need to make sure that I don’t put any blog of mine ahead of what I actually do.

I don’t know if this show should use more of what happens in real life in the show, but it probably should. For one, I’d love to see how it would tackle a James Comey situation on the show. Then, there is a Merrick Garland thing that they could do as well. Of course, they probably don’t want it to be too much like real life as they have gotten enough of that criticism since probably before the show aired. But I do feel that there is probably a major scandal ready to be revealed with James Comey. If there isn’t one by the time this post is published, then it might just be an oddity that will remain shady. I’m honestly not sure if anyone else, besides Henry Clay, has single-handled affected an election in that major of a way. I’m also sorry if I’m getting too political in this blog, but this blog is about a political show so I might as well do that here if nowhere else. What’s weird is that I’m blogging about the past considering how the posts are behind.

Remember when I wondered who would replace Gary Glasberg as showrunner on NCIS and NCIS: New Orleans? Well, I found out information for one of the shows: writing duo George Schenck and Frank Cardea will be the co-head writers now on NCIS. They have been on the show since season 1, so I’ll have to watch to see how the show will be different. When they stop crediting Gary Glasberg as an executive producer, then I’ll know when his influence ends.

At 5:38 (according to my computer), we get to a Seattle Seahawks versus Philadelphia Eagles game. The Seahawks are winning. This is on my secondary CBS affiliate and it shows that there will be another doubleheader tonight. This means a start time of this show will be at least 30 minutes later than it should be. FOX isn’t airing any games, which I find strange. They also aren’t airing Son of Zorn tonight. Has it been cancelled? I hope not. My primary CBS affiliate is airing the same game as the other one. It is still in the third quarter so I don’t think that it will end on time.

After all this time I’ve spent watching football, I have a confession to make: I have no idea what happens in most of the games. How are points scored? Why are so many moves undone? Why does the clock stop as often as it does? What’s with all the incomplete moves/plays? Why do the referees have so much influence, it seems?

The Seahawks are still winning when I switch to watch what’s on FOX. They are airing the Boyhood parody. I should see Boyhood sometime. I’m not sure if I will be able to see it as I don’t make the time to rent movies much anymore.

The game is still on after 6:30. The Eagles are shrinking the lead against the Seahawks, although the Seahawks are still winning. The clock finishes counting down with the Seahawks as the winner. The game is over and the show will be really off today. I will probably be putting this with the recorded shows on VHS. Since Quantico’s not on tonight, you will see me make use of the font comic sans ms from 9 or when I start watching the recording until the episode is over. I will watch the rest of the episode later and will just see what aired earlier later, if that makes sense. The point is, I will live watch the end of this show and see the beginning later when I do this blog post.

Today’s episode is brought to you by 46 minute delay. We begin with a car accident regarding some people. I’m not sure how that relates just yet. Elizabeth’s brother comes to visit. There is a terrible earthquake in Venezuela. This is why the president of that country and all others in the line of succession wind up dead. Doctors who come to help there wind up held hostage and a person declares himself the president, although Elizabeth’s team doesn’t think that he is legitimate. Someone wants Nadine to help a person named Carla, who we will find out more about later. I had a bit of computer problems will watching this so I had to rewrite some of this. Hopefully, things are okay now. A person wants the United States to publically acknowledge that he is the president, something that the team doesn’t want to do. Elizabeth wants them to find the legitimate leader. But who is that?

In the next segment, they decide who should be the president of Venezuela, but they don’t know where this person is. Daisy continues to look for Carla, who is unrelated to the Venezuelan they are looking for. They are not sure if the person they want would be helpful or not.

In the next segment, Elizabeth wonders what’s happening at her home. Her brother wants to go to Venezuela, but she doesn’t want him to go since it is dangerous right now. Her brother then mentions that he had a talk with Henry that has been used against him. We then get back to the car accident which had happened to her brother and parents when they were kids.

It is at this point around the 9:24 mark that I start watching. Elizabeth’s brother talks about how he thinks that he might have caused their mother’s death. Boy did I pick a strange time to start watching the episode. People think that they have located the person that they are looking for. They want to secure this person’s presidency.

Nadine learns that Carla is safe. Who’s Carla? I guess that I will find out later and talk about it earlier. Julia is the person who says this to Nadine. There was a scandal that affected Julia’s husband. Important information may or may not have been failed to be discussed. An opponent of Conrad (Evans, probably), talks about the perceived failures of what happened. The captives have been released now. But they might have to be sent back for reasons that I don’t understand. Okay, the presidential opponents worked together to create a fake news story in order to help get the right person in office. This can be a bit confusing to me and only when I’m able to see the whole episode instead of just the point where the font changes do I understand what all happened.

In the next segment, Elizabeth’s brother talks to his daughter about the fact that he’s leaving soon. Will’s wife mentions going back to London with her daughter. Or, I think that’s his wife, at least. It’s possible that the whole hostage ploy was just a tactic to keep a terrible person out of office. I don’t fully understand this yet. Will (Elizabeth’s brother) talks about why he didn’t actually go to Venezuela. He felt that his daughter was too used to him disappearing. Will and Elizabeth talk with each other in a meaningful way.


On the next Madam Secretary, the Russians are supplying Iran with centrifuges and the United States will pay for what is done. I missed if that is next week or not. I hope that it isn’t, but they probably are airing one then. I just hope that I can see it sometime, maybe later online. More on this later. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment