Sunday, April 30, 2017

Episode from 12-18-2016

My laptop is back to working normally. It wasn't bad, but the power cord was damaged enough that I wasn't able to use it. I did get a new power cord for it and can use my laptop again. I went out of order and don't know for sure when/if I'll alternate posts. I might at some points do episodes that aired recently if they don't fit in with the Sunday update things that I have going right now. Things could easily change regarding that as I could alternate Sundays again. I'll just have to remember that any potential alternating would have to be one time and not another time if it would work out. For instance, 5-7 would work to start but 5-14 would not. I understand what I'm talking about if no one else does. Potential long term updates could start on Saturdays or Mondays among other, future days we haven't seen yet. I am planning on keeping these updates at a much better time and better updated in the future. Now let's get to the blog post that you should have seen last week, if only things were normal then.

I should warn you that before I’m doing this blog post or most of them, I will be talking politics for a while, so if you don’t like this, you can just skip to when the important part starts. I know that, like most things in these long delayed posts, whatever I’m talking about is outdated. Someday, I can hopefully be posting actual recent posts for a change, and this could honestly be one of them if it ends up being a Christmas themed episode. But, I will need some time to post it other than Sundays, although me posting it on Sundays is how and when I started deciding to get ahead and where I should be.

After winning the election, Donald Trump has continued to prove himself to be a total jerk. Why do I say that? Well, you may notice that he went on a victory tour, but only in the states that actually voted for him to win. How pretentious can he be? He’s blatantly ignoring the people who didn’t support him. And he wonders why people hate him. He also can’t come to grips with reality regarding the Russian hacks during the election.

He then complains that the Democrats thought things were rigged and says something along the lines of how we wouldn’t like it if he did the same thing. He seems to be forgetting all his claims that the election would be rigged if he didn’t win. Well, with James Comey, the election hacks, and the Electoral College, maybe things were rigged. Why did people hate Hilary Clinton again? She’s hardly the only politician to have missing emails. Trump has that problem himself.

I have a theory as to why Trump won the election and hear me out: he had more money. Now, I’m not sure if that’s true compared to Clinton, but it could easily be. What’s sad is that you can legally buy elections. Sometimes the worse candidate wins simply because he has more money. Just look at Rod Blagojevich in 2006. He totally bought that election for governor. And when he was eventually jailed for all the crimes that he did, not one of the charges brought against him regarded buying the election as he did that legally.

More Trump complaints- On October 10th of this year, Time Magazine did an issue on Russia trying to influence the election. I haven’t read the issue yet and am not sure that I will by the time that this post is finally posted. But if Time runs an article about it, why is Trump so convinced that it isn’t happening? Trump should think highly of Time since they have probably made him the cover more this year than any other person. Time shouldn’t do this as this will only serve his giant ego. If you had a discussion about narcissism with him, he’d probably want to talk about himself instead. Well, I could complain about Trump and Republicans later. So I’m done with that for now.

I check my secondary CBS affiliate and they are airing a Broncos/Patriots game. The Patriots are winning. Boo, hiss. To make today worse, there is a doubleheader on CBS tonight. Really? This is the night of all the midseason finales on this network. There is no football tonight on FOX, but it doesn’t seem like they will be airing anything interesting from 6-7 which I what I like and expect from them if CBS is ever being douchy like tonight and delaying their shows at least half an hour.

Today was one of the important games between two of the neighboring teams that I could be rooting for now. It was the Tennessee Titans versus the Kansas City Chiefs. I could have seen the game today if I hadn’t taken a nap. But it was the Titans that won the game. As soon as football season is over, I’d need to come up with a potential ranking of the teams to root for by a self-made point system mostly factoring in games played against each other. But I will have to deduct points when possible, like when they cause tape delay, like tonight.

The Patriots end up winning the game and we switch to a Raiders/Chargers game that is tied. While they are both potential new teams to root for, they have already played a game before that decides what might have happened so this game now may only be considered in potential tie-breaker things. I should go through all of the teams to root for and why. I have decided that I will add the Steelers to potential teams to root for as they were almost in the race, but then were eliminated. Regardless, they still might be something that I should consider. The Raiders start winning the game after a field goal. The teams let the clock run out as the Raiders clinch postseason play.

Today’s episode is brought to you by 41 minute delay. We begin with a recap of the issues in Iran. We are now where we left off with Russell passing out. People come in and work to revive him. There is then word that missiles were fired. The vote for the election seems to be moved up, or that’s what they are attempting, at least. I do wonder if it’s supposed to be the old or new Congress who would vote for president should someone be denied the 270 votes. The older one would possibly make more sense to me, but I don’t know what would be the better choice. It would be hard to tell if one side would have the power instead of the other depending on the time of the vote. Elizabeth and Conrad work on trying to fix the Iran problem. Some of the McCord’s family is planning on visiting and they don’t know whether to cancel. Israel’s defense administrator gets kidnapped somehow.

In segment two, a bunch of people from the McCord family visit them. One of Henry’s relatives wants him to talk to someone about joining the army. Conrad learns that Evans has the Alzheimer’s gene. They wonder whether or not they should use this against him. Having already seen the next episode, I now understand what important information is revealed. Just don’t be confused when I talk about it then. I call it an unknown thing, but I guess I know what it is now. In fact, I’ll make it note of it in the next post using comic sans ms. You'll see that next.

It is at this point around the 9:00 mark that I start watching the episode. It is a new act of the show too so that’s good. They are after a person who is being held. Their solution might have to be an act of war. Elizabeth has a less dangerous idea that would also be an act of war, but would work better. Henry talks to some red haired woman that I’m not familiar with at the moment. I would be if I had seen this episode normally.

Stevie is reading a World War II story to Russell. She recaps some of what happened earlier. He seems a bit delirious at the hospital. The US goes through what is basically a cyber attack on Israel. They look at things through a camera in the situation room. Things seem tense and uncertain.

In the next segment, Conrad calls Israel and gives them an ultimatum. Will they follow through with his plan? Sarah, the woman from earlier, is talked about by Henry. Elizabeth gets a call from the president about potential international war.

She goes to jail to visit a woman in prison. I remember her from the first season. I’m still a bit confused by the plot in general. They actually get along for a while until Elizabeth comes with the real reason for the visit. A peace deal is impossible, which is what the person in jail realized in the first place. Conrad then visits Russell in the hospital. They use this experience to bring Israel into the peace talks with Iran.

In the next segment, Elizabeth and Conrad discuss what is going on before they get to the embassy to discuss a peace deal with the other people. It appears that there might actually be a peace deal between the two of them. Henry talks to his niece and brother(?) about her potentially joining the army.


The House starts to vote on the election. Based on a phone call, he won the vote. We then get to a race of some sort. Elizabeth talks to Evans at the race. He mentions a meeting she did with state senators from Ohio. He threatens to sue over that state’s results. Did she do something bad? There are no scenes from next time, so I just hope that the next episode isn’t on January 1st, like so many other shows are doing. I don’t know what I’ll be doing then, I just hope that I have time off then, although I have no idea yet what I might be doing. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment