Sunday, April 16, 2017

Episode from 12-11-2016

This show has twice gone on hiatus to make room for episodes of Undercover Boss. I don’t know when/if that will happen again. It could be on hiatus now. I guess that I will find out what happens for sure when it ends up happening. I get surprised by what happens/changes with the schedule from time to time and only seem to keep up by checking out a good wikipedia page on the subject. It seem that there will not be any hiatus of this show this year, that is planned for now at least.

Now that it is Christmastime, I might as well tell you some of Christmas show watching that I do. Typically, I put everything except recorded shows on tape aside to watch only Christmas specials and Christmas episodes of certain TV shows that are next in line in order. Well, the only one that I’m currently waiting for is the first season Christmas episode of 8 Simple Rules.

There were others in line in the list that I wasn’t able to get to before December of this year. While I’m on season 7 of NCIS right now, I do believe that the next holiday episode in line is the Christmas episode of the ninth season.

Power Rangers season 3 has a Christmas episode, but I haven’t even gotten to add it to the list yet. At the rate I’m going with watching the first season of Power Rangers, I will probably not have to switch it out with the third season (I don’t like the same letter occupying the list twice, so when that would happen, I switch out the new one with the old one until another show needs replaced, one is removed from list due to a holiday related episode, or I finish one of the two) as I will be done with what I’d need to be of the first season. Another show that I need to add again is NCIS: Los Angeles season 1 which has a Christmas episode in it. While I’m on the first season of The Big Bang Theory, when I reach the second one, there will be a Christmas episode in it which I would watch.

I could probably talk about how I’m updating the blog in the past in some effort to try to catch up to the present. Well, I’m not sure if I will, but I’d need to change when my TV blog is published so that I can change when this blog is published and keep it on that day for as long as possible. It seems bad that I’m this behind in the first place and I am making efforts to change that. Of course, I probably won’t be updating this blog for the rest of the year in the past so this update will be later than usual. I’ll also have to see if there will be switching of this blog and Elementary’s blog later because it won’t have to be during Advent after all.

I start watching things at 5:30. I tune into FOX to see what they are showing. They are airing football, although it is on commercial at first. I see that the Green Bay Packers are playing the Seattle Seahawks, I think. As usual, I have no idea what the score is due to my standard definition TV. I check my primary CBS affiliate and they say that they are airing news. I check to make sure. My secondary CBS affiliate is also airing the news. I finally learn that the Packers are winning the game by a lot. They end up winning the game in the end. I mostly watch 60 Minutes from when it starts. Afterwards, I just watch FOX shows until I can record this for later.

Today’s episode is brought to you by no delay. We begin with potential problems regarding the Iran nuclear deal. It bothers me sometimes that shows in a fictitious world use real world problems a lot. I guess that is does work in a way, but it bothered me in The Good Wife and it bothers me in this show as well. The election is officially going to be decided by the House of Representatives, which means that the important election episode was among what I have recorded on tape and haven’t seen yet. Evans is still controversial, this time regarding the deal.

Stevie wants to talk to Russell, but he blows her off in favor of Henry. Russell wants Henry to talk to a congressman about making sure that Conrad wins the election. I’m going to guess that he probably will, but I have no idea what will happen on this show. Also, should I run for public office? I don’t think that I could afford to, but I’d have to look up more information to know for sure about how I could before I do. Meanwhile, a strange man offers advice about how and why Iran would break its deal.

In segment two, Henry talks to the congressman in question over what appears to be a racket ball game. He learns that the congressman is getting divorced. We also learn that it is possible that they might not need sanctions against Iran since someone might have been going rogue when they broke the deal.

In segment three, not much happens again this time around. There is more talk between Henry and the congressman about the failing marriage. Elizabeth talks with an important person about what Evan thinks about the deal. She then confronts Evan about it and an open mike, one she may or may not have known about or wanted to be working, catches his true opinions about the deal and how he doesn’t actually want to destroy it.

In segment four, Evans pays for his comment similar to how Romney paid for his 47% comment. Also, are there really reasonable minded people who think that the 2012 election was rigged for Obama to win? I’ve heard that from crazies, but I didn’t think there was any real evidence that supported it. It appears that the congressman will vote for Conrad. Meanwhile, Stevie and Russell talk some more. Russell tries to dissuade Stevie from becoming a lawyer and it seems, at first, that the conversation is a waste. But, he does decide to give her the recommendation she was wanting. Normally I don’t like whatever subplots they give to Stevie, but it appears that this one, at least, is good. We end this act with people targeting an airplane.

In segment five, we get to a briefing on the airplane attack at the White House. Conrad is afraid that they will remember the Iran deal for the wrong reasons. Russell talks to Stevie some, but then passes out in front of her. Thus the episode ends.


On the next Madam Secretary, it basically shows us what will be happening at the beginning of the episode and seems to ignore anything else that could be happening in it. What will happen to Russell? Will he survive? What did he offer the show besides a lesser version of Eli Gold? Will it be good or bad if he is killed off? What purpose has his character had all this time? Normally, I hate it when they kill off characters that were underdeveloped. I mean, we never get much, if anything, from them and they just get offed like they never mattered in the first place, which one wonders if they really did. But I guess that we will have to wait until next time to see for sure what happens with him. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment