Sunday, June 11, 2017

Episode from 3-19-2017

A lot of different things relating to the March Madness tournament this year seem to be going through my mind. For one, I might make Oklahoma State my first ever anti-team where I would root against it until it is possibly gone from the tournament. I don’t know yet if I’ll do that or not. Another thing to consider is the fact that the NCAA has decided that they will not be hosting any part of the tournament in North Carolina due to a passage of a bill they deemed controversial. The planned games in North Carolina are now in South Carolina which may have also been out of contention for hosting it if they had never gotten rid of the Confederate flag.

I think that the whole not letting a state host part of the tournament over a law that people are really dumb about objecting over is really dumb. I may look up all of the colleges and make a note of which ones are from North Carolina. That way, I might add them to the support list, or teams I would root for. We’ll see what happens with that for sure later. Teams in the tournament from North Carolina are Wake Forest, North Carolina Central, UNC Wilmington, Duke, and North Carolina. Guess that I might be rooting for Duke after all. We'll see what all I root for in the future and who I don't.

Now if you get only a dollar a year doing your job, would it benefit anyone to donate all that money to charity? Now if Charity was the name of a stripper, that dollar might work. But it doesn’t make sense to me, this story I’ve heard. Also, if you are a politician and you want to give back money you would otherwise earn, why not give the money towards getting rid of the national debt?

Now for the first update regarding the tournament. We’ll start with the play-in games. Wake Forest lost its play-in game to Kansas State so they will not be advancing to round one. North Carolina Central also had to win a play-in game in order to get to round one. They lost to UC Davis.

As of now, my sister’s baby has been born. I don’t know how this will affect this blog or not. I know that there will be a baptism of the baby at some point and I will probably be there for it. I also know that my brother-in-law’s birthday is coming up soon so I could go and visit him then. I guess that we will see for sure what happens with that later.

With round one, three teams I’m following are UNC Wilmington, Duke, and North Carolina. Well, those are three of the five teams that I’m now following. But I’m wanting to keep them separate from Wichita State and Butler plus whatever team(s) I’ll be adding later. I won’t know what teams advance instantly, but I will know as time goes by. Butler is going to round two having won their first game. UNC Wilmington lost to Virginia. Wichita State won their game and is continuing in the tournament. Duke continues by winning their game. North Carolina won their game. And the only team I was rooting against, Oklahoma State, lost to Michigan. But other teams I'm rooting against will be added later.

Next comes round two. Butler won and made it to the sweet sixteen. TNT aired North Carolina’s game at the same time as the game I am about to tell you about. I don’t have that channel so I won’t be able to watch it. They were winning at the time, although I won’t see the final score until later. North Carolina advanced in the tournament meaning that they will now play Butler in the sweet sixteen. You might be wondering who I would rather have win. I’m supporting North Carolina for political reasons. I’m supporting Butler since my cousin went there. I would rather Butler win, although I’d be okay with either as a winner.

Since I’m rooting for North Carolina teams, Duke was a team of interest. Instead of playing their games in North Carolina, they wound up playing them in South Carolina. Something interesting that happened is that they, a higher seeded team, lost to South Carolina. The parallels are interesting even if the change of venue would likely have no ultimate bearing on who would win over the other. In the meantime, Wichita State lost to Kentucky.

It is around 5:40 when I check what is on CBS. They are airing a game of Michigan State versus Kansas. Kansas is winning. Kansas is also the higher seeded team. They are seeded number one while Michigan State is seeded number nine. I should be watching most of this until 6. It looks like there’s a lot of game still left to be played. I wanted to watch what was on FOX, until I learned that it was delayed Nascar which is dumb considering how the race is over. Hopefully they can get back to shows at 6:30. Actually, they get to a Bob’s Burgers episode that they probably cut off the beginning of.

Kansas ends up winning the game and they are now a team that I root for. Also, why wasn’t Tru TV airing a game at this time? I guess that they would be airing one later. Kansas won’t face any teams of interest until the final four if all of them make it that far. We’ll see if another game airs before primetime next week. I won’t have to worry about Kansas playing another team of interest unless both are in the final four. We’ll see what happens later.

Today’s episode is brought to you by 35 minute delay. We begin the siblings are fighting with each other. Stevie insists on being caught up on current events. Elizabeth is meeting with the Dalai Lama soon. Russell might have been mansplanning. Elizabeth is told not to do something at her foreign meeting. Knowing her, this will mean she probably does it. Henry is looking for a missing asset. Different Tibetans are over at the white house, I think. They do some sort of ritual. Jay, I think, has possible problems over custody over his child. There is a lot going on and I have no way of knowing how to recap all of it. The Dalai Lama names a successor which makes wave.

In segment two, people don’t want to pick sides between Tibet and China. This could break an ongoing climate deal. How is this related? A senator supports the Dalai Lama having an American successor and this is a problem. Henry is able to meet with the asset again. This asset is concerned that he might be caught soon. The female vice-president who looks more like Hilary Clinton than Téa Leoni does appears to talk more about the issue at hand.

In segment three, there is more talking about the issue at hand. Jay has more arguments with his ex-wife? Elizabeth talks with a person of some sort online who offers advice over the ongoing issue. The senator talks with the president and vice-president. Conrad threatens to kick this person’s ass. My mother doesn’t think a president is allowed to do (or even say) that. I wonder what Trump might do regarding something like that. Hopefully there won't be too much more of the Trump administration even if it would lead to a still less than ideal Mike Pence administration.

In segment four, they think that the deal is fixed, only there is another problem when the Chinese people think that another person should be endorsed as the new Lama. Elizabeth is a bit childish over this. They still try to work on a solution. After advice from Henry, Elizabeth tells the current Lama that she thinks they should do the test and then see what the results are.

In segment five, the Lama ends up dying. Jay wants to be more involved with his child’s life than he has ended up being. The asset goes through some sort of inauguration. They couldn’t find a new Lama based on the American child as he failed their test. If the test is what I think it is, it seems very random and ambiguous. The Tibetans pay tribute to their fallen leader.


On the next Madam Secretary, there are missiles missing and it seems that a lot of danger possibly looks like it is happening everywhere. It looks like an interesting episode and I look forward to watching it in the near future. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment