Monday, November 13, 2017

Episode from 11-12-2017

Since the Rams had a bye week and the Chargers had the same thing a week later, I thought that it would be better not to do an update on comparing the two teams until both of their byes were done. Now that they are, I might as well get to telling you about the comparison between them. The Chargers are now 3-5. The Rams are 6-2. Hopefully the Rams can keep their winning up.

From what I know now about the Texas church shooting, it was bad and could have been worse. This is the first instance I know of where a person fired back at the shooter. There are conflicting things with what I read about him. He went to church but may not have believed anything there as he is atheist. I don’t like them even when they don’t shoot up Christians. But this will not help their reputation by any means. He killed himself so there’s no reason to mention any more about him. I do wonder why I heard about this morning attack at night.

Now let’s get to the Wisconsin governor race. Scott Walker is running for reelection. He’s a Republican and a poll had a generic Democrat beating him. However, I’m not sure that I take polls too seriously. Right now, there is only one Republican against him. That person is Ryan Cason. Ryan has no experience and even admits to being a candidate who won’t even talk about the issues outside of the two that he cares about. Stick with Scott in the Republican primary. I’ll have to talk to my senior pastor who used to live in this state about who he would recommend voting for if he’s following this election. I believe that the primary is on August 14, 2018.

Let’s get to the Democrats in the race and hopefully I don’t miss anyone. Michele Doolan and Andy Gronik are two people who have never run for anything before. I don’t know much else about them. Bob Harlow and Mike McCabe are people who have run for office before and lost those races. They have not won any election, although Mike has helped with Democratic campaigns in his state. Tony Evers is a person in the race who is a superintendant right now. He has an email controversy of some sort so he might be best avoided. Kathleen Vinehout is another candidate in the race. I don’t see much that she offers except being a failed candidate for governor before. While I can’t find much information on Dana Wachs, he seems like the best choice on the Democratic side in this race.

I’ve seen commercials for some dumb thing called love has no labels. What is that even about? I don’t get it exactly and it seems dumb to have PSAs over something that everyone already knows about now anyways. You’re here, you’re queer, we’re used to it. What, are we supposed to be okay with it just because society expects us to be? You do realize a major flaw with the Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage is that while it means that laws can’t prevent it from happening, most places still don’t have laws that say that gays can get married, thus skipping a very important step in the legal process. That’s why Kim Davis wasn’t actually breaking any laws.

If you have no idea what I was talking about there, let’s switch back to the strange election in Alabama that oddly doesn’t have Strange in it. I am hoping that Luther Strange enters as a write in candidate as that would make it even more likely that the Democrat wins. I really hope that no one is buying the idea that Roy Moore is Christian because he isn’t. He thinks he is, but he’s not. That’s a very dangerous thing. Look up Charles Guiteau if you don’t believe that a religious nut can affect history. Even then, warping religion was a bad thing and it still is. Now with all these allegations of sexual misconduct against Moore, I just don’t see why this would be a candidate that people would still support, but this country’s lack of intelligence continues to surprise me. Still, Alabama reminds me now of what Illinois was like after Obama won. Will they be in towards a shift for the left like my state shifted some to the right?

Once again, I didn’t have time for football today, although a lot of it was over long before primetime on CBS. I am starting to like watching the NFL if only to get back at the idiots who protest them. I could have watched a game on FOX, but I was busy before primetime and missed it. At least shows aren’t on delay this time around.

Today’s episode is brought to you by no delay. We begin with a recap involving the Talban attack and the romance of Stevie. She finally gets her parents together and tells them about the break-up. She thinks that the relationship failure is his fault, although I don’t know for sure. I think that it was a mutual failing. Maybe he was just responsible for the break-up. There is a hostage that people have to deal with now. They don’t want to pay for the ransom. Henry thinks that this will result in the person’s death. Elizabeth talks to her team about what is going on. Henry wants to find the missing person. Elizabeth talks to a possibly random person about the situation. Henry notices that the person tried to send a message. It reminds me of that episode of The Unit where the main black guy was captured.

In segment two, Elizabeth is more concerned with what is going on with her family. Stevie doesn’t like what Jareth, her ex-fiancĂ©e, has posted on facebook. Of course, I’m the weirdo who almost never does recent pictures on facebook. Henry learns that the captive they are after did use Morse code. Stevie has to deal with the people at work learning about her break-up with Jareth. Russell tells Stevie about a bad relationship that he was in that he’s glad that he’s out of. We still don’t know what is happening with Daisy’s baby. Why was this a plot they put in here?

Elizabeth is looking for a new policy advisor. Will this be who Cat plays? She then talks to someone who must have been a previous captive or something like that. They learn an important piece of information: land mines went off nearby the place. They think they know the place.

In segment three, they talk about the planned operative and greenlight the op. We see what happens, but it doesn’t seem like much did at the moment. Should they keep up this policy? That seems to be the main focus of the episode. That’s actually a good one to ask. 60 Minutes did a good segment about it. Not much happens this act, although I could just be too tired to focus well enough.

In segment four, there are problems with trying to resolve the other problem. Elizabeth talks about a bad decision that she made in the past. Is this unrelated to the main issue? I’m getting confused here. Jay is having trouble adjusting to his new job. That might be the reason why I am so tired a lot of the time. I should have taken my Sunday nap as usual, but didn’t feel tired enough for it. Matt and Jay seem to do a double team for an idea of some sort.

In segment five, we get back to the captive who seemed to have been moved elsewhere in the rain. What does this mean? She seems to be fine, based on a text that Henry got. But should they change the policy? They think that a person might have changed sides. Alexander is invited to hang out with the family of Henry’s. Who wants to bet that he’ll wind up with Stevie? Also was Daisy’s actress, Patina Miller, pregnant herself? I don’t know what’s going on.

Speaking of confusing things, Elizabeth is upset over the end of the relationship because of boots. Alexander talks about a video game that he played. Henry somehow knows about the game. Alexander and Stevie talk about her break-up. She wants to go out with him, but he is being responsible, unlike how she normally is. I bet that the people who play Alison and Jason don’t like the fact that Stevie gets so much airtime since she wasn’t originally on the show as of the pilot. Stevie puts her number in Alex’s phone so I guess we will see them as a couple. But does she know of his true identity?


On the next segment of the show, there is a person dating or wanting to date someone and I guess that I’ll be confused until the next episode airs. But they have to do things like that. If a promo revealed too much, would people watch? I’ll see you next time where I’ll hopefully have more time to myself the day it airs, but I just don’t know what will happen. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment