Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Episode from 4-8-2018

Something that you may or may not know is that this blog has been tied into another blog meaning that it could only be updated after a different blog (my TV blog) was updated. Now this has actually changed somewhat so that the first post of the month doesn’t have to be after the TV blog was posted earlier in the month. But if that becomes the case, that means that the second post of the month will be linked into it instead. So now there might be one or two posts of this blog that relate to another blog. Just know that with the way things have worked out now, it doesn’t have to be linked for now.

March Madness is over and the only team that I had left to root for was eliminated from it. Kansas was eliminated by the eventual tournament winners Villanova. I don’t know if any of the other teams that I would consider to be an anti-team made it far. I guess that I’ll just have to wait and hope that next year’s tournament has a team winning that I want to win. If history is any indication, it will. Then again, it may have nothing to do with it.

The Illinois primary results for governor were disappointing. This places us in a sad state of a lose/lose situation. Incumbent governor Bruce Rauner won the primary against one lone challenger. He has been a terrible governor thus far. I’d feel better about the winner of the Democratic primary, J B Pritzker, if he didn’t just seem like more of the same problem. I’d want to look forward to the 2022 elections, but there’s no point for doing that now since I like my class three senator. I think that the reason that J B won was simply because people knew who he was, unlike the other candidates.

I will or plan to do an updated post on the Illinois election for governor and attorney general. But what went wrong with the state that it seemed like there was no one good on either side of the race? Even the candidate that I was going to vote for, Daniel Biss, wound up having problems and I couldn’t support him. At least Bruce claimed that he wouldn’t run for a third term if he does win a second.

The fucking Masters are on tonight. It’s a tradition more annoying than any other. I just don’t get why it gets to be a thing. At least this is probably hopefully the last time we’ll have to put up with tape delay this season. Or, possibly, the show will start on time like I want it to. I just don’t see it as likely. I would watch it, but there isn’t much of a point to it so I won’t. At least football and basketball have a point. Golf seems to have no point to it at all.

If only there didn’t have to be four minutes of commercials after a sporting event. If that happened, then the show wouldn’t have been delayed. But it wasn’t delayed by much, so that’s good. I don’t think that I will isolate things to tape as a result. But it will be delayed.

Today’s episode is brought to you by ~1 minute delay. We begin with a bombing in what I think is Saudi Arabia. A nuclear deal a la the real one the US has with Iran is brought up. The one senator, I forget his name if I ever knew it, is back again and still causing problems as usual. Has it been a while since we have seen him? I think that it has been. Henry is offered a job, but he doesn’t want it as he wants to keep teaching full time. Conrad and Russell want to wait until after the midterm elections to deal with the problem at hand. But those won’t happen until next season. And that’s provided that next season happens. It should though. Also, Elizabeth is being sued for wrongful death.

In segment two, Elizabeth learns that Conrad was a spy at one point and that she should avoid being served. Henry decides that he does want to be considered for the job. Jason is getting some sort of award of some sort. People who guard Elizabeth think that there is a man trying to shoot him, only he might have just been trying to serve her. This creates a video since a person filmed the events.

In segment three, Joel, who is the lawyer who got injured, winds up serving Elizabeth at Jason’s event. Mike, who is somehow related to Elizabeth’s team or is a family member, worries about the whole thing and gives information that relates back to Carlos, the probably evil senator. Henry does the interview to get a new job while we are left to wonder if the other candidate was buttering up the interviewee. As for Carlos, I don’t know what to make of the situation at hand as he might be helping people that he shouldn’t be.

In segment four, Elizabeth talks some to her lawyer about what to do. She ends up meeting with the family and tells them that their son was a spy and that is why he died in the bombings. Maybe I was wrong about Conrad being a spy. It is hard to keep track of and understand everything about this show. Henry learns that his competition didn’t complete the training he said he did.

In segment five, the lawsuit is dropped, although the family won’t publically admit why because they aren’t able to. Henry talks with his competition about what went wrong and why this person didn’t graduate. Henry gets the job, only to be bothered with trivial stuff like a parking space. Cat learns about a journalist who was captured by Boko Haram that they might be able to help free. Elizabeth might have a good deal with someone about something that, as usual, I didn’t understand.


On the next Madam Secretary, there is a hostage crisis going on. America doesn’t pay to release the hostages. I’m not sure that’s a good idea and I know that’s what really happens. I just hope that I never end up either as a hostage or needing to pay for someone. I can’t imagine the terrible situation that some people are put in. Let’s try not to think about it. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment