Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Politics: On Biracial People

Did you know that Obama is only half black? I have no idea why this is such a big deal to some people. They act as if the fact that he is half white counteracts the fact that he was the first black president or that he doesn’t really count as black. Of course, these idiots are white and don’t really know much about just how black a white person is.

 

I never fully understood just how much the whole biracial thing matters to people until I watched the only episode of Black-ish that I ever watched. I found the show to be horrible and unfunny. It was trying to make a point that a white person was questioning how black a man is. And this is one of the reasons why I didn’t like the show.

 

But the point of this blog post is this: how big of a deal is it to be biracial? I don’t quite get it myself. I never would have thought that someone with a white parent is any less black than a black person with two black parents. They are going to seem as black to anyone who doesn’t seek to belittle someone’s race or try to talk about how black someone outside of their race is. I mean, come on, people: you are white and don’t get to say people aren’t black just because there are blacker people in the world.

 

What can make this more relevant nowadays is vice-president Kamala Harris. She is black and other races too. But you can’t say that she isn’t black as if the parts of her that aren’t black someone cancel out her blackness.

 

I may be white myself and not really have that much knowledge on what makes a race, but I do know that people are the race that they are and unless they are somehow lying for whatever moronic reason they have, then they are that race.

 

I’m not even sure what else I can mention in this blog post about the other scores of biracial people that aren’t part black. I know I should say something about this, although I really only wanted to cover this one topic for sure. They are important too and aren’t any more or less of one race just because they encompass all sorts of races besides just one. That’s my thoughts on the subject of biracial people.

No comments:

Post a Comment