Sunday, October 22, 2023

Politics: Latinx

There is a fairly new term out there called Latinx. It is a gender neutral version of Latino or Latina. I’m not opposed to this word, per say. But it seems to be a creation of the gringos that I’m not sure that this group of people would like or feel that they need to be labeled with.

 

The only real reason that I support somewhat the use of this word is that it is gender neutral. But there are problems with the word. Plus, there already is a gender neutral word for those that could be called Latinx: Hispanic. So I’m not sure if we need this word after all. If you have any strong feelings about this word one way or another, be sure to comment here and let me know. Otherwise, I’m not sure that I care enough to use the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment