Sunday, November 20, 2016

Episode from 3-20-2016

Remember when I mentioned earlier that I thought that I wouldn’t be able to record the syndicated Big Bang Theory episodes that I wanted to? Well, I was almost caught off guard by the random airing of random episodes, but I was able to get two more of those episodes recorded on VHS. Now I have only two more episodes left to record.

I wonder if the election in this show will be more important in the future or not. We know that in order for the show to stay true to its name, it will have to be about a female secretary of state. That would mean keeping the president the same. I feel that he will win his upcoming reelection campaign. What I don’t know is whether or not he’ll survive the whole series. If I had to make a bold claim right now, I would: the president on this show will die at some point. To me, it only seems like a natural thing to happen in the end. I just wonder when this will happen and if they’ll be any lead up to it or not. It could come right out of the blue and shock us all.

I’m very backlogged on recorded shows on VHS. Just recently I watched a Thanksgiving episode of Bones that I had recorded. Now when I’m behind enough on tapes, I tend to just watch only tapes until I’m caught up. But I have certain rules with how many of these I’m able to watch without having to roll for something. I’ve never had the problem before where I run out of these automatic watches before I am more caught up on these tapes. Now I have another list of shows that I’m watching through that doesn’t include the recorded shows on VHS as an option. That means rolling from this list means getting another of these jump aheads as I call them. So I’ll just take a break from the automatic watching on VHS until I have enough of those jump aheads to finish watching another tape. Besides, there’s still one more recorded episode that I have to watch of this show. As for the whole process of rolling from different choices to decide what to watch and various other stuff relating to it as detailed in this paragraph and others like it, I know that it’s crazy and doesn’t make a lot of sense, but I’m still doing it.

March Madness is starting this week so that means the return of tape delay. Just when you thought it was over for the season, it rears its ugly head back into our lives by affecting us this week and the next. Of course, March Madness is going to be different this year and every even numbered year from now for the near future. I am telling you that I will have to record the episode on VHS and with a tape delay likely, I have no idea what might happen. But I’m planning on doing tapes a bit differently since The Good Wife is ending this season. Normally they would be in a different section of blog posts, but with both the slowness of my blog posts and the ability to get caught up as quickly as I can now on tapes before I would have had to post these episodes, I’m not sure why I’m worrying about things being out of order when they don’t have to be (yet were anyways). Did you understand that? I’m not sure that I did and I just wrote it. The point is, I am working on better processes for staying caught up on these episodes. I just hope that nothing goes wrong with these recordings.

Before I get to the episode, I will reveal how I root for a team in March Madness. Last year, I rooted for the team that won the game that delayed shows on CBS. But they got eliminated from the tournament. The next time the shows were delayed was due to a game that Duke won. I then rooted for Duke to win the tournament from then on, which they did. In a way, I was glad that Kentucky didn’t win as I felt the media was biased towards them. But that’s beside the point. If I can figure out who is playing who during that game, I will root for whoever wins with the winner of the game next week on Sunday as my back-up team. Of course, recording shows could be an issue, but I doubt the delay would last over an hour. I’ll just record stuff from seven to ten and hope that the delay doesn’t last too long. This will mean missing some of Elementary, but I’m okay not watching that this week.

Actually, when it comes to March Madness, there are some teams that I might root for or at least check up on besides whoever wins the games that will cause tape delay of this show. Like I might still root for Duke since they are in the tournament again this year. I will check up on Butler’s team since my cousin went to school there. I don’t know what other relatives of mine went to colleges that are in the tournament. Meanwhile, I’ll also be looking out for Wichita St. (that’s a state?) since I was rooting for them at one point last year before they were eliminated from the tournament.

I still don’t know what game will be airing before 6 on CBS on Sunday. I have looked up some of the information and it seems that I should know which games aren’t airing at that time, but not which one will just yet. Meanwhile, I’m still not sure how I’m watching these shows. I might be able to watch them live, but I probably won’t, so I’m planning on recording them. As for the three teams I’m following thus far (Duke, Butler, and Wichita St.), they all went from the crowded 64 to the still big 32 (do you like my names for these parts of the tournaments?) by winning their first game (or first two games in the case of Wichita which had to win a play-in game to get in the actual tournament part).

When it comes to the second round of games, Wichita States loses and does not go on to the sweet sixteen. Duke wins its game against Yale and advances in the tournament. That leaves the fate of Butler. They had to face a first seeded team and they lost so only Duke remains my team of interest. That is, until the VCU versus Oklahoma game is played. VCU is the lower seeded team. Can they pull off another upset? Will Oklahoma stay a good team? We’ll see.

The game went back and forth a lot between VCU and Oklahoma. It cut into what should have been 60 Minutes as I knew it would. The team that advances will be Oklahoma. I’m not sure if I’ll root for them over Duke or not, but I might. They will have to face each other in the Elite 8 if they both make it that far. Meanwhile, the Elite 8 should be what’s on CBS next week before primetime and I’ll have to see which of the games they are airing.

Today’s episode is brought to you by 35 minute delay. We begin with a protest of some sort in Chile by the looks of it. Ally wants to be more normal, but it’s hard to be normal when your mother is the secretary of state. Various things go on while people try to find a solution to problems. Alison goes to explore a potential college. Now one shouldn’t just go to college just because one graduated high school. While it is in general a good idea to go to college, one shouldn’t go there just because it seems like the next logical step as it could just be a waste of money and put you in debt. People greet Elizabeth at the college, something they originally didn’t want to do. This is a generally weird opening if you ask me. I’m not entirely sure what all of it means.

In segment two, there is some fall out based on the incident from before the commercial and it appears that it was recorded in an edited way. Elizabeth talks to Russell about this. Now I had an ominous opinion about Russell. I thought that he might be evil and shoot everyone to death. I now realize after rewatching the Bourne Legacy why I felt that way: that’s what he did in that movie. He probably won’t be doing that in this show. Henry and his team talk to a person through another person about some sort of problem. A person seeks to go up a mountain and record what he’s doing, even if it kills him.

In segment three, there are more issues on campus and it appears that the McCords have to be in disguise in a way. A possibly nice person helps them. Elizabeth talks to the person from earlier. She brings this person’s parents into the mix.

In segment four, there appears to be more resolved issues between Elizabeth and the college kid from earlier. That issue is mostly resolved, it seems. Henry works more with whatever issue he is working with. There are problems with the climber person.

In segment five, it turns out that Alison had gone to a party instead of poetry. Things could have ended badly here, but they didn’t. The climber person who got caught in an avalanche is found safely. In order to let loose, and against the wishes of whoever that one person was with them (I’m bad with names), the McCords at college go sledding.


On the next Madam Secretary, there is a nuclear warhead that is causing problems of some sort. Of course, I’m a bit out of order so I already blogged about that episode. Meanwhile, it appears that I’m not entirely sure the order to post these episodes in, although I’ll probably go back and forth between the two sets of episodes or I’ll just do the older ones first. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment