Sunday, November 6, 2016

Episode from 11-29-2015

You may notice that I'm really behind on this blog in relation to the episodes that have aired. This episode that I'm about to post about aired nearly a year ago. I'm trying my best now to fill in the gap of all the episodes one week at a time. This should be done at some point hopefully. Also, there could be problems with other blogs of mine if Sundays are not open as a day to post things. (Yes, I know I can post different blogs on the same day, but I don't do that.) Meanwhile, there was a time where I posted about a Christmas episode from last season and more or less alternated between posting from the after Christmas episode and the really old ones. Well, after this episode, we'd have an episode from March to post about next, but the next should all be in order except for maybe one of these two complications: 1- I am not caught up on episodes as, starting from today, I have two episodes on tape or 2- there is another holiday related episode that I'd want to post about immediately after it airs, which would start a whole new alternation. Anyways, enough of these random introductions and on to the actual blog post:

Starting from today, since it is the beginning of Advent, I will be watching various Christmas specials and movies throughout December. It’s possible that I will not be able to finish them before December ends. We’ll see what happens with that or not and if there are unwatched Christmas specials, I’ll be sure to post about them as it would affect my TV watching on DVDs and other methods.

It appears that this season they are making Russia a villain type country in this show. (What’s that? I’m actually talking about the show before blogging about the actual episode? Will the world end? No, it won’t. Now if the Cubs win the World Series, then we know that the world will certainly end. Either that, or hell freezes over. I forget which one it is, so it might not actually be the first one. I’m strange, aren’t I?) Anyways, considering all the countries that they could be turning into villain countries, Russia is probably a better choice than others would be. I mean, they would be believable villains to us, but it wouldn’t be troublesome like making a Middle Eastern country would be.

Today might be highly unusual due to a great PBS special that could interfere with all of my shows. I’m not sure about ideal times when this will be on or not. But the special is basically a new concert by my all time favorite musical group Celtic Woman. Ideally, I would watch shows live and record Celtic Woman for later so I can watch it as often as I want to until I either have to delete it (if on my laptop) or until I have a copy of this new concert. However, watching it live would have its perks as well. I’m unsure of future airtimes that would work better than today. I’m not sure if I can risk missing it for potentially getting a better airtime. But I’ll give up today’s FOX shows in a heartbeat to see this new special. Heck, I’d probably give up Once Upon a Time as well. I just hope that they aren’t at the midseason finale of that show yet. Why do shows have midseason finales anyways? That’s so stupid. Just air the show all year round, okay?

I still don’t know how I’ll be watching the Celtic Woman special. I will probably watch it all live. I could put it on my laptop, but that would put yet another episode of this show on VHS. Meanwhile, if I record on VHS, I might watch the first hour live and see the rest on VHS when I can catch up on it. I still don’t know if I’ll start out watching live and switch to recording it later. I’m not sure if I like playing this by ear or not. I also know that I would like a recording of it even if it is temporary. If the recording is on VHS, it might be something that I’d only watch once even if I keep the tape separately where it won’t be reused. I have their Emerald concert on a tape that I haven’t reused as of yet but I haven’t watched the concert again as of yet either. Hopefully I'll get the DVD at some point.

Before Celtic Woman starts, I get distracted by a performance by Alabama. I never heard of them before and PBS may have gotten me into another great musical group. But Celtic Woman remains the one I’m most obsessed with. Like that one fiddler whose name I can’t spell (but probably remember) whose CDs I’ve never bought and performances I’ve never bought either. I liked Australian Pink Floyd, even if they are very strange at times. Their strangeness is what has prevented me from getting a CD from either them or the real Pink Floyd. While they are good at songs, I’d basically only be getting it for Comfortably Numb, a song that they did. That is also the reason why I never got a Queen CD for Bohemian Rhapsody or a David Archuletta Christmas CD for his version of Pat a Pan.

I’m waiting for a pledge break to make sure I can see what else is on and if things are coming in. It basically happens as I type this sentence. I check to see what it on FOX and by the looks of it, they are not airing football or any other sports. They apparently were airing something which cut off their reruns. Yet another doubleheader happens today as they air a game of Pittsburg against Seattle. I think that the team from Seattle is the Seahawks. I’m not sure if they are the only team from Seattle. Pittsburg is winning the game. I’m getting less and less certain that I will be able start the planned CSI: Cyber blog of mind in the near future. These stupid delays are preventing the rule of what the new post would be: an episode not delayed in either region. Both of my CBS affiliates are airing the same game.

This tape delay could potentially help my situation out. This will mean that the absolute soonest that this show will start at is 7:30. But, by the looks of the game, I can already tell that they will probably last beyond the scheduled end. I just wonder if there’ll ever be a delay long enough to prevent the planned airing of a CSI: Cyber episode, which would also have been the criteria for creating this blog. It’s weird that they keep airing new episodes after a delay of over fifty minutes. They probably don’t care about this show. But its time slot is already indicative of that.

I doubt that I will be able to keep up with any of this game at all. I’ll give you an occasional update until 60 Minutes starts. Hopefully there will be a big enough difference between the points scored in the game that the losing team won’t be able to turn it around. Not that it would be bad if they did. I’d just have to find other ways of finding the score out.

I might have to get an Alabama CD. It’s too bad that I already sent out my wish list for this year. Well, I wouldn’t have had room for it anyways on my list, since I limit it in certain places. I’m saying this because they are doing a wonderful song that I love a lot.

The score on the football game has changed when I check the score again. While Pittsburg is still winning, they are just barely winning now. The score could easily change. Meanwhile, I don’t know the name of this team. I tend to not know the names of sports teams if you haven’t figured that out by now. Sorry about that.

For anyone who is interested in the set list from Celtic Woman: Destiny, here’s what it is for part 1 of the PBS performance: When You Go (Mairead Nesbitt, Susan, Eabha, and Mairead Carlin), Siuil A Run (Mairead Nesbitt, Susan, Eabha, and Mairead Carlin), Ride On (Mairead Nesbitt, Eabha, and Mairead Carlin), and song name unseen by me (Mairead Nesbitt). Seattle is now winning the game on CBS.

Celtic Woman: Destiny set list for part 2: You Raise Me Up (Mairead Nesbitt, Eabha, Susan, and Mairead Carlin), Si Do Mhaimeo i (Mairead Nesbitt featuring original member Meav), How Can I Keep from Singing (Eabha), Hills of Ireland (Mairead Nesbitt), and My Land (Eabha, Susan, and Mairead Carlin). The game is still on CBS and Seattle is still winning.

Celtic Woman: Destiny set list for part 3: I See Fire (Mairead Carlin), Isle of Inisfree (featuring guest member Rebecca), song name unseen by me (Mairead Carlin, Eabha, Susan, and Mairead Nesbitt), Sometimes a Prayer will do (Susan), and Amazing Grace (Mairead Carlin, Eabha, and Susan). I am missing Once Upon a Time this week. Hopefully this episode isn’t the midseason finale. 60 Minutes has started, but I don’t know the delay. I’m guessing that Seattle won the game on CBS. Hopefully I won’t miss any of this show due to Celtic Woman and the delay.

Celtic Woman: Destiny set list for part 4: Oro Se Do Bheatha Bhaile (Mairead Nesbitt, Eabha, Susan, Mairead Carlin, and featuring Meav), Like an Angel Passing Through My Room (Mairead Carlin), Walk Beside Me (Mairead Carlin, Susan, Eabha, and Mairead Nesbitt), and Westering Home (Mairead Nesbitt, Susan, Eabha, Mairead Carlin, and featuring both Rebecca and Meav). I finally figure out the delay caused by the game when an eye alert finally airs. For once, it is what I want it to be. I think that CSI: Cyber might get preempted for the first time this season.

I stay with Celtic Woman until it finally finishes airing. I am glad that it affected nothing other than the Once Upon a Time episode I was going to watch. By the looks of it, FOX was airing The Simpsons followed by a Christmas special in the Ice Age franchise. I don’t know if The Simpsons episode was new, but it might not have been new shows tonight on that network. Also, there were no songs on the Celtic Woman special after the last pledge break. They just did the credits.

Today’s episode is brought to you by 61 minute delay. We begin with a blackout happening in Moscow. They blame the US president for this and he was probably responsible for it in some way. Elizabeth tells a joke to her family that they all know. Jason has to play in a football game. Russia is talking about a cyber attack that I don’t think I’m familiar with as of the original watching of this episode. Of course, when I get caught up on old episodes, I’ll be able to figure out what happened. The main problem with that is that I might have already blogged about that episode. The blackout was caused by the US looking for information into Russia, but they were unable to find information into the hack of Air Force One. Does that mean that they weren’t responsible for it or that information about it doesn’t exist?

In segment two, Elizabeth works on finding a solution to the problem that they have with the Russians. She wants to tell people about the hack of Air Force One instead of continuing the lie of solar flares. Her husband says that Russia might not have actually been behind the attack after all. Meanwhile, I should tell you now that I am live blogging this show for the possibly first time. All the evidence they have against Russia planning the hack of Air Force One could be fake. But then, who did it and why?

In segment three, Elizabeth talks to some of her advisors about her concerns that someone else is behind the Air Force One hack. This is something that could get both her and her husband in trouble. A suspect other than Russia could be China. But is that the best alternative? Elizabeth talks to a Chinese person about it. He points out that it would not make sense for them to do this. Now just because it doesn’t make any sense doesn’t mean that it wouldn’t happen. Look at the assassination of William McKinley. What was his assassin trying to accomplish?

In segment four, there’s some foreign country problem that’s a subplot in some way. It’s hard to make sense of it thus far. There might be a new theory as to what is going on with a new man that could be a suspect. Jason is not doing as much as he could be in the football game. The Ukrainians might have done something with Air Force One. A crashed airplane might have been a cover-up relating to the problem. I wondered if it might be Ukraine that was responsible. I should have mentioned that sooner. Are the Ukrainians trying to pit the US and Russia against each other? The foreign nation, I think, was Vietnam. Also, what is polonium? I never heard of that before. Bozak (or however you spell his name) is responsible for the attack. Also, I’m glad that I don’t have to count more Christmas commercials except for the ones that I will retroactively add since they are on tapes.


In segment five, the president talks to a Ukraine official about what he did. They are not going to reveal this publically. And they make sure that he doesn’t talk about this to people. Elizabeth talks to Henry about the risks that they took regarding all this. Russia violates the no fly zone, ending the episode. There are no scenes for next episode. I’m not entirely sure when that will be. I know that some shows will be taking breaks soon. I don’t know when this is back. I need to figure out the midseason schedule for various CBS shows. Hopefully I can find that soon. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment