Monday, October 23, 2017

Episode from 10-22-2017

One of the things that I’m wondering about is when Elementary will return. I don’t know if this show will go on hiatus for a bit to make room for its return or not. It did that with what became the final season of The Mentalist. (Actually, it was a different show that went on hiatus while this show left to make room for Undercover Boss.) I just hope that Elementary is treated better than the final season of Person of Interest was. I know that different midseason offerings are the celebrity version of Big Brother, some new shows, and some of the same returning shows. Last season, they gave the new midseason shows preference over the returning shows, but then the new ones were cancelled in some way and the old ones took their place.

I’m not sure that I have time to do all that I would normally do in a post like this. I’ve decided to wait until the next post to give you an update as to who is doing better in football: the Rams or the Chargers. I should update myself onto what the World Series might be like. But I should get to the political part of this post before tuning into sports for the day.

What is my political thing? Well, there is a Republican running for governor of a state (I can’t remember which one offhand) who wanted to give out bump stocks at a campaign event. This is after the Las Vegas shooting where the person used these to help kill over 50 people. Why do people vote for a party that even does such things? If you know who I’m talking about, don’t vote for them.

I tune into my primary CBS affiliate and they are airing a game of the Bengals versus the Steelers. The Steelers are winning, which is good since they are one of the teams that I root for and the Bengals are not (not that I don’t like them, I just don’t have a reason to root for them). I think that the team from Cincinnati is the Bengals. It is still the third quarter. FOX is not airing football today. I check my other CBS affiliate and they are showing the same game.

At six, I switch to The Toy Box. I’ll check up on the game when I can. It is a doubleheader today, but you shouldn’t have to worry about delays in when things are posted since I have the sense now to put it on its own special tape like I do with Survivor during Lent and Advent (in addition to other times). Since I know that my laptop is working now, I can put the show on it, but I’m not going to do that when it is delayed as I can’t do posts the way I like to that way.

I tune into the end of the game to see the final score. Long story short: the Steelers won. It looks like the shows will be a bit later than the planned half hour delay. Also, how pissed off would a lot of those who wanted to watch Star Trek: Discovery, put it on their DVR, and didn’t get the whole episode would be since strange delays happened? I check the channel and they started 60 Minutes. I will get into the show as soon as I can.

Today’s episode is brought to you by 34 minute delay. We begin with Elizabeth doing yoga. She gets mad at the person for some reason. She switches to the news, only she gets mad at that too. Henry talks about the problems with Dmitri. Elizabeth and Nadine talk in an elevator. If they wanted to be cool, they shut the elevator off. They also talk about Daisy’s upcoming baby shower. We then learn more of the crisis that is going on in some country. This happens every episode or just about.

Stevie sits in a meeting where a person tells her the benefit of her being there where no one will think that she’s important. Henry then talks more about Dmitri and that crisis. Elizabeth’s team hangs out more. Nadine gets a message from her son that she will be a grandmother and they need a favor. We then get to the camp as Elizabeth tries to figure out the problem that I don’t fully understand right now. The person complains about the politics of everything. Conrad tries to work out a deal with the evil senator to prevent a shutdown. I need to learn the name of this character I called the evil senator.

In segment two, it turns out that Dmitri is missing. I forget who this woman is in relation to Dmitri. Is this a sister or girlfriend? Whatever the main international problem is, it is happening in Lebanon. What happened between Nadine and her son Roman? I don’t remember anything if they mentioned it before. Daisy fears that her pregnancy may cause discrimination against her. Roman and his girlfriend are stuck internationally and need to get out before the potential shutdown of the government. The lights need to be turned on in the Lebanon refugee camp. Nadine is emotionally distraught trying to get help for Roman. Henry and the one woman look for Dmitri.

In segment three, it seems that they are looking for Dmitri and find him at some motel. He claims that he is clean now, but Henry has to make sure. Also, it is his sister that was with him, I think. Elizabeth wants solar power to settle the refugee camp. That was a short segment, it seems.

In segment four, Nadine talks more to her son and his girlfriend. She was able to get her off the no fly list. I bet that if she were still on it, she could still legally buy guns in this country. We get to Daisy’s baby shower and people try to solve the crisis. For some reason, Israel is not a good solution to this crisis for some odd reason. We also get the wrap up to Dmitri’s story for now. Elizabeth does what she can do to solve the crisis at the refugee camp. It seems that the shutdown is still looming and Conrad issues an ultimatum of some sort that I don't fully understand.

In segment five, Stevie talks about why Conrad is doing what he is doing. Russell wants her to come to a place with everyone since she is still on the clock. It is around this time that I was able to start watching so I’ll let my past self take over now.

It is at this point around the 10:23 mark that I start watching. The president is talking with a group of army or other military people. Russell quizzes Stevie about what all has happened. An important clock has just run out. Things will get ugly in the future. We then get to Elizabeth who talks about some of the situation from earlier. She talks to Nadine. There is a government shutdown for some reason.

Nadine is going to be a grandmother. She wants a leave, but may be retiring. Why is this character leaving? Who will replace her then? Or is this just a façade of some sort? I guess that I’ll find out in later episodes. Why do these random things happen? What’s with these character departures from all these shows at once? Elizabeth makes a speech to these people about the shutdown and gives them motivation. Power returns to what seems like a random place that has to be important in some way. I guess that we’ll find out more about what happens later.


On the next Madam Secretary, there is a case of Ebola. Will it be placed higher than the government shutdown? Whatever happens, I’ll find out more when I see this episode later in its entirety. Sorry if the end of these posts don’t make sense whenever there is tape delay. But I’ll be back with the next episode next week. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment