Monday, October 30, 2017

Episode from 10-29-2017

Since I didn’t get to mentioning which of LA’s football teams is doing better in the previous post, I should get to the good news. The Rams have improved on their record from last season and have five wins. After losing the first three games of the regular season, the Chargers have bounced back and won the next four. The Rams are still doing better for now, but they are having a bye week this week so we won’t know for sure who will do better for a bit.

I don’t know if I should do a special political post on the Alabama special election for Senate or not. But I don’t live in or near Alabama so I’m not sure what the point would be. However, if you or someone that you know can vote there despite their voting suppression laws, then be sure to vote for Doug Jones and not Roy Moore. Roy has a warped idea of Christianity and seems to think that all laws in this country should benefit that and no other religion. We already have an angry white guy in office, we don’t need another one. Doug has shown to be the better candidate of the two. The election is on December 12th of this year so be sure to vote if you can for Doug Jones. If you want an example of the type of lunacy that Roy Moore believes, then watch the following video.


I’m doing more research into why Bebe Neuwirth, who plays Nadine, has left the show. I did learn that there will be a replacement that you might have known from Grey’s Anatomy. The new character that is called Kat will show up starting in this episode. There is not a reason as to why the actress has left just yet, but you can see more in the following two stories.



It is dumb enough living in Illinois where of all the candidates running for governor, only one has held elective office so far. I have seen political commercials before I saw back to school commercials this year and the primary isn’t until March 20th. There weren’t that many bad commercials until a really dumb one started to air. It has Eric Greitens, Eric Holcomb, and Scott Walker, the Republican’t governors of Missouri, Indiana, and Wisconsin respectively, all talk about the jobs that have left Illinois for their states during the tenure of Bruce Rauner.

Why is the commercial dumb? Because it is one that Bruce Rauner made and is airing to attack Illinois Speaker of the House Michael Madigan. It isn’t Mike’s fault that Bruce won’t comprise with the other party. Why would a Republican’t get over Republican’ts to do a commercial criticizing job loss during your own term? You can’t pass a budget and they have to override a veto for one to get passed. Plus, where I live isn’t where people can help vote out Michael Madigan. So what’s the point? Why blame him on your problems? And why not include the Republican’t governors of Kentucky and Iowa who are Matt Bevin and Kim Reynolds respectively?

Now, thanks to the ad, I will be keeping track of all the races that are taking place in 2018 in every state that borders Illinois. The states of Missouri, Indiana, and Wisconsin have class one senators so they will be electing someone this coming election cycle. In addition to Illinois, it would seem that Wisconsin and Iowa elect their governors during the midterm elections. I might even keep track of the race for attorney general of Illinois since I randomly got an email from one of the candidates and it appears that former governor Pat Quinn is in that race.

Before I switch to sports for this article, you might wonder who I am rooting for in the World Series between the Houston Astros and the Los Angeles Dodgers. I would be rooting for the Astros since their city needs a win after the hurricane earlier this year. This makes me wonder if I should root for other hurricane ravaged places that have football teams at least this football season. I could root for the Miami Dolphins and the Houston Texans. That is the Houston football team, right? But are there any other locations that I’m missing? Doesn't Tampa Bay have a team? Should I root for them too?

I tune into one CBS affiliate and they are airing the news. The other one is airing a different news. I tune into FOX and they are airing a game of the Cowboys versus the Redskins. The Cowboys are winning. I wonder if they ride a steel horse and are wanted dead or alive. I know that Schrodinger’s cat is wanted dead or alive. The Cowboys are from Dallas, right?

The game continues and I switch to watching 60 Minutes although I’ll check on the score of the game later. Since the World Series is on FOX and replacing that programming, the only thing that I’d have to worry about is what is on ABC. Well they are preempting 10 Days in the Valley tonight. It might be over, but I don’t know for sure just yet. The Cowboys are still winning when I check the game later.

I don’t know if North Korea is something that we should actually be worrying about. Why would they attack us? Maybe if Trump is dumb, they would. If they just for no reason attacked us, then we would have justification for striking back. I’d just worry that we’d be fighting a war with them that would last for too long like with Afghanistan and we don’t need to make that mistake again.

Via a CBS sports update, I learn that the Cowboys won the game on FOX. I will not have much, if any reason to watch something other than CBS tonight. I won’t have to record something either. Let’s get to the episode next, shall we?

Today’s episode is brought to you by no delay. We begin with Elizabeth and Henry talking about various things. Eliminating the national debt isn’t what I would call an ideological notion. Of course, they might not be Andrew Jackson supporters (understandable) and he was the only president who got rid of it. Jason continues his mostly dumb teenager ways. That takes me back to a time that I didn’t like as much. Everything sucked when I was a teen. Anyways, Elizabeth talks to her team some about what all is going on. Also, is it just me or has it been a while since we’ve seen Matt on this show? We get to Blake who introduces the next Nadine, who is Kat. Well, she isn’t on the show just yet.

The show then tries to make us care about Stevie and her fiancée again. He wants her to travel to England and meet some of his family. They also have fun creating a signal to use in case she gets into trouble. We get back to the White House where Russell and Elizabeth talk. I don’t understand all of what is going on here. Henry then talks about a case of his. An important person is brought up trying to get a reaction of some sort out of a possible known criminal trying to come to the US. Of course, when it comes to sandbagging, the best way to do it is to bring up a little known thing. Like, how can you not know about the uranium deal that I will tell you nothing more about?

In segment two, there is a hectic dinner at the table, like in the Popeye movie. A political commercial airs against a secretary of state. If they hold no office, then what’s the point of a commercial? I’d know why if it were over a potential Supreme Court justice. There are just too many problems with the world nowadays and constantly having to deal with politics is a major one of them. Henry talks to Alexander as I’m supposed to be calling him. He is still trying to recover from the drug addiction that he has struggled with. I’m glad that this show is addressing a serious topic like it even though I don’t know why I should care about the opioid crisis, since I don't think that it affects anyone that I know.

I am getting a bit confused with Blake and Jay (or other people entirely) and wonder who has the kid and why. Matt does show up again. Also, why do so many characters on the same show look alike? I know that they are getting whoever they think works well, but they confuse people like me when I can’t tell who is a Ross and who is a Joey. There is more talking as I find it hard to keep track of anything and I’m not even eating to the side as I’m watching this live.

In segment three, we get to people talking in the McCord house. People then go to Peoria, Illinois. I forget if I’ve been there or not. Matt and whoever talk about various things that are going on. There is a news report on refugees. I should do a report on sanctuary cities and states as a political post. Of course, now that I have at least five races outside of the Illinois governor one to follow now. Elizabeth is told not to check twitter which makes her want to check twitter. I’m not sure that I would care about it if I were in some sort of elective office. Elizabeth was concerned that her husband blew off their son. This leads to a heated discussion. Remember how things elevate. It goes from disagreement to heated discussion to arguing to fighting. You want it to stay as low as possible because no one wins a fight.

In segment four, Elizabeth thinks that they have a way to end the shutdown. Russell wants to destroy the person who caused the shutdown who might be an allegory on Ted Cruz. Would I want him to be president now instead of Trump? Both are hotheads, but I doubt I’d be hearing about Cruz’s tweets in the news so often. Elizabeth is taken to where the senator is and she tries to explain how she doesn’t want an Ebola crisis. She does something akin to blackmail regarding his foreign born wife. I don’t really understand all of what happened. What else is new?

In segment five, Elizabeth talks to Jay and Blake. I think that those are the two people. She wants to hire a person right then and there, but he seems to want to refuge despite her objections. Are we going to get to Kat in a different episode? And is she going to replace Nadine or someone else now? Jay is how she wanted to hire, I think. Who was kidnapped? I’ll have to check the archives of this blog to make sure that I know I’m talking about the right person.

The shutdown is over, but I don’t think that Russell likes the way that she did it. Jay is the policy adviser and will probably be doing something of some sort. Stevie doesn’t know if she wants to go since there are too many problems in her life. She might be breaking things off with this person. At least it would be a welcome change to the show since it isn’t a good part to it.


On the next Madam Secretary, no one is safe in the world of espionage. This makes me wonder what will happen, who it could happen to, and if we will lose more than just Nadine this season. I think that Conrad will be killed off in a dramatic fashion at some point. It might be a season finale cliffhanger, although it might not be since each season tends to be self-contained. But it will probably happen within the next four seasons, if I had to venture a guess. But it might not happen at all. We’ll have to see. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment