Monday, October 9, 2017

Episode from 10-8-2017

WARNING! While some of this blog post will be about the episode in question, most of it will just be random ramblings before that. I’ll tell you when the important part will begin. Just know that this is probably a long, rambling waste of time for people, including me. There might be some parts that are interesting, but I’d recommend just skipping to the part where it says the important part begins.

Let’s start by telling you about what has changed regarding the TV watching that I’m doing with shows on DVD and stuff like it. I reached a stopping point in the first volume of the first season of Power Rangers since the next episode is a Halloween one. I am replacing that with the second season of Charmed from where it was in a previous list before I stopped watching it and transferred it to this one just now. This list is posed to change a lot in the future.

If there are posts of this blog during the summer outside of what I hadn’t posted from the previous season, they will probably be purely political and have the word politics at the beginning of it. Of course, if you are seeing this, then this has either already happened or didn’t need to happen. I might be changing when I post this blog during the summer, but you’ll see more of those changes then, when it happens, although I should explain it in this post. Also, if I wind up with Survivor: Gabon as a present for my summer birthday, then when I add it to the shows I watch on DVD, I’ll tell you further updates there on that blog instead of on this one until I’m doing writing about that season.

Well, it is still before my summer birthday as of writing this and I don’t know what I might get yet. What I do know is that I finished watching season 3 of Flashpoint and will be switching to season 4 of it next. There should be another change coming soon after that. There is also a problem regarding that as there were two different sets of releases with different sets of episodes meaning that there is a gap now due to CBS labeling on batch of that series as one season and CTV labeled it another way. This wouldn’t be a problem if I had all of one format, but I got the CTV version of season 4 (phase 4 DVDs) and the CBS versions of seasons 1-3 (CBS DVDs). CTV had it labeled by the official seasons and CBS had it labeled by the American version of the seasons which were not correctly labeled. Thus, I am missing a lot of the actual season 3, but at least this means that I’ll see episodes that didn’t air on CBS that I’ve never seen before. Or I would if I weren’t waiting and trying to sort out the issue.

There is a lot of news that has happened over the summer so a lot of potential political things to keep track of in this one post. I had thought of doing purely political posts, but I think that I might change that idea to make it so that this can always be about Madam Secretary in a way. You see, one of the notable summer news stories was on the Republican Congressman who was shot. You’d think that this would tone down the partisanship for the most part and it did but there were still some people who blamed Democrats on what they labeled as hateful rhetoric. Republicans tend to be forgetful as they were the people who fought Obama tooth and nail on nearly every bit of progress he tried to make. We’re lucky that Obama was able to make some progress. Maybe they just like blaming the other party all the time. However, both sides can be very hateful at times.

In a somewhat lucky change, the next thing that is gone from my list is NCIS season 8 which is blocked until after Christmas and its replacement is the first season of NCIS. That’s pretty cool since I would have to bounce things around if a show of the same letter of something on the list gets on the list and it would have to be switched in and out with the things already on the list with each new transfer until one of them is done for a while. That is still likely to happen again soon. But I did not get Survivor: Gabon as a birthday present, although I might get it as a gift for myself. I just don’t think that I want to right now. Maybe later.

On my google plus profile, I changed the cover photo or whatever it is called to that of a Russian flag as a way of protesting the Trump administration. If I were a Republican, I’d be concerned with why their hacks put me in charge. Some may say that there is no proof that they changed votes. Well, they probably changed the minds of people before they cast their ballots which is more effective than retroactively changing votes after they are cast. These hacks lead to negativity of the Democrats and people probably weren’t going to vote for them as a result. Some people may not accept that these hacks happened and conveniently stopped after the election was over. Some may wonder if Trump was responsible for the election hacking of the Russians. Indeed, he did call for Putin to hack into Hilary Clinton’s email account. Of course, the fact that they hacked after he said that is more likely a result of this than anything else.


I had mentioned earlier the idea of speedruns and how they will play into effect in writing this blog in the future. You see, I’m going to keep track of the two football teams in LA to see which one of them ends up with more wins this season. I’ll start by sharing the link to a 100% run before I get to other runs in the future, mostly in just this blog post.


One of the reasons that I can’t get behind the political side of the right is because they are hypocrites. In fact, I’m calling them the wrong now because they are too far from being right. They won’t accept the fact that Russians interfered with the election process. What makes this sad is that many of them are responsible for people who should be eligible to vote no longer able to vote. This should be against the law and probably is, but we just don’t see people talking about their voter suppression laws possibly because people don’t know this is going on. So they are trying to prevent people from voting over the idea that voter fraud could happen otherwise (you’d think that voter suppression is a form of voter fraud) while not even accepting that Russians did affect the previous election.


Back to some nonpolitical thing to say: the rolling list has changed again. The next Flashpoint episode in line to watch is a Valentine’s Day one. This means taking it off of the list. Now the show could quickly return if I wind up getting the CBS DVD version of the show for myself instead of the phase 4 copies that I got on DVD. One of the phase 4 discs that I have is scratchy and might have been that way for as long as I’ve had it which would be really weird since I thought that I got it new. Besides, I’d probably want to spend a lot of money on Amazon to get free shipping even though I know I’d probably spend more on the merchandise than the savings would be in the first place.

Before I get to the change in the list, here’s an any percent speedrun of Banjo-Tooie that I’m sharing with you in order to share the idea of speedruns since I’ll be keeping track of the progress of two football teams throughout football season in this blog.


Flashpoint season 4 is replaced with by VeggieTales on DVD. This is the last of the stuff transferred from the other list I use to have. I was able to quickly finish it and replace it with Mighty Morphing Power Rangers season 3. Now let’s await the next change.

The next change was that I finished watching the second season of Charmed and switched to the third season. That wasn’t much of a change, but it is still notable enough to tell you about. I’m actually watching less than I want to be, yet I’m still getting enough done.

Here’s the speedrun that I’m able to watch and share. It is a competitive speedrun between three different players. This will be a comparison to you as to the two football teams in LA that I’ll be keeping track of this season. I should be able to watch another one at some point so I’ll share with you that more towards the end of football season.


Back to politics for a bit, you might know that North Korea seems to be taunting people by wiping out their missiles recently. Sadly, missile is not code for penis. If I’m remembering correctly, North Korea has nuclear weapons so messing with them isn’t a good option. It would be a miracle if we are able to avoid a new war under the Trump administration. But remember the scene from The Dark Knight where the Joker was telling Batman to hit him? That is how I feel the situation should be handled. Don’t take the bait and don’t attack them just because they are taunting us with their missiles.


What is the next change in the list of shows that I watch? Well, I have finished watching Gilmore girls season 1 and am replacing it with mystery choice #1. What is the choice? Well, you’d have to read my Good Wife blog as the post in September will tell you what that mystery choice is for anything in its spot. I will tell you whenever that choice changes, but not what the change is until I deem it important enough for this blog.

Mike Pence said that he doesn’t want to be president when pressed about the subject. Of course he said that. He doesn’t want to seem eager to take over. Now it is possible that he knows that Trump will be out of office sometime soon. But he’s smart and knows that if he is too eager to want to be president, he could be dropped from the ticket like other people have been. The Super Pac that he created is probably just to help whoever he wants with a campaign and I do think that the Democrats are getting too worked up about this and exaggerating about what he is planning on doing.

There is an important enough change in the TV schedule that will affect things for a bit in the early season. You know that starting at 6, I tend to watch sports on FOX or CBS until something that I care about starts. I never watch ABC as they have always aired America’s “Funniest” Home Videos. Only at the beginning of the season, they will be airing The Toy Box instead. This means that whenever that is on and coming in, I’ll probably be watching it and checking the games to the side. I just hope that the tape delay on CBS isn’t too ridiculous as it has been in the past.

Speaking of things that are ridiculous, President Trump (pah) has got to be the most ridiculous person to have ever held political office. When a bunch of racist people cause a domestic terrorist attack, why do you not condemn them? Remember when you would criticize Obama for not calling out terrorists? Or does this not count because these aren’t Islamic terrorists? You cannot refuse to call out domestic terrorists because if you don’t think that they exist, you are fooling yourself. Of course, Trump is a huge fool of a president and it is shocking that the Republican’ts still work with him as often as they do. Trump actually thinks that those wanting racial equality are just as ridiculous as the white supremacists. What is wrong with him?

What really would have been wrong with Hilary Clinton as president? It’s not like Trump doesn’t have missing emails himself. So does Pence. Maybe you don’t like her because she lies. What, and Trump doesn’t? If you don’t think that Trump lies, you are a lost cause. I don’t know how or why people defend him. He is racist and sexist. Maybe people just don’t like that Benghazi happened and that is why they couldn’t support Hilary Clinton. But it wasn’t her fault and never will be regardless of how much the wrong keep blaming her for it. Here’s why that logic is dumb: Herbert Hoover was not to blame for the Great Depression yet people did because he was president when it happened. If you blame someone because of an international crisis just because they were secretary of state, then where do you even draw the line of who’s to blame for anything?

If you know me from facebook, you may see me post the occasional status in Russian. Well, I have decided that I will start posting some parts of this blog in Russian. I will write it in English and use Google translate to put it in Russian. If you want to know what it says, I would say to translate it back using the same feature, even though it might seem different than how it was how I originally wrote it. I think that I would keep whatever the original English part was in the document I use for this blog for potential use in the future.

Вот он, первый русский абзац в моем блоге. Я надеюсь, что функция перевода хорошо работала. Если facebook использует Google translate, то это всего лишь пустая трата абзаца. Я решил начать собственную сборку всех статей журнала «Время», написанных о вмешательстве России в выборы. 16 января 2017 года они написали статью о ней под названием «Русская шпионская история» или «The Troublemaker». Среди интересных частей статьи упоминается, что утечки продолжались с конца июля до дня выборов, когда утечки резко прекратились (стр. 25), что доказывает, что это были выборы или почему еще это остановилось? Он также указывает на легкие обещания и непостоянство Трампа.

You know, while I know that most people aren’t wasting their time with all of this blog post, I at least know that I will care enough to look back at this later. Maybe it will mean something to the dedicated fans of this blog who have stuck with it despite all the illogically timed updates. I wish that I could promise not to do that again, but I will more than likely keep this updated more regularly on time from now on so that you’ll see the post of an episode when it actually aired. I will explain more about when it is updating and why in the last paragraph or so of this post.

There is another change to my list. I have finished watching all the recorded shows on tape. This is only the second time I have accomplished this feat of actually getting caught up. The next thing in line is the first season of NCIS: Los Angeles. This means that I’ll have to switch it out with the first season of NCIS. This also means that I’ll have to go with another change with the list and add Shining Time Station that I have some episodes on tape to the list.

Something that I’ve started doing now is that I’ve started wearing a safety pin. You might wonder what this means. Well, it can actually mean different things in different cases. But one of the things that it means is protesting the Trump administration. It can also seem therapeutic in a way where I can relax a bit over all the crazy shit going on in the world and can just wear a safety pin instead of stressing out. I should look that song up sometime.

With all of the talk about the alt right, you might be wondering, what is the alt right? Well, first off, I should congratulate them for using the term alt as in alternate meaning that they are not the real right side of the political spectrum. (If the right isn’t right, I’ll take what’s left.) But they are people who are trying to reclaim everything that is wrong with the conservative side of the spectrum. We don’t need people who want the party of Republican’ts be even worse than they already are. Trump should be considered part of the alt right which is why a whole bunch of Republican’ts decided not to support him. But too many blindly support him, which is a whole different problem.

Since I will be keeping track of both the LA Rams and the LA Chargers, you might wonder what would be a good way to see who is the better team if they both wind up with the same record in the end. Well, I don’t have to since they are playing each other in preseason. Who won the game between them? It was the Chargers who won so we’ll have to see who winds up with the better record with preseason games, regular season games, and if we’re lucky, postseason games.

If you read my other blogs, you will get some insight into other things about them and some even relate to this blog itself. I am telling the readers of my CSI: Cyber blog that is still updated the next three things that I will add to the TV show watching list of mine. This includes any mystery choices. Since things could change quicker than I could update it, I have already written the next introduction for it. I write a post each month and an introduction that can be mostly random and I have two posts written right now.

In terms of if the Rams or the Chargers did better in terms of preseason games, the Rams won two of the four games while the Chargers won only one of the four games. This puts the Rams ahead in terms of preseason games. Who will do better in the regular season? I guess we’ll have to wait and see what ends up happening. But I should keep running tabs on that.

There is another change to the list. Mystery choice #1 is getting replaced with mystery choice #2. This will also put NCIS back on the list instead of NCIS: Los Angeles. I think that the list could change a lot over the upcoming days, although I won’t know for sure until I roll the right choices.

There are so many political things going on right now that I can’t begin to mention them all. I’m amazed that after all the time Obamacare was present that the Republican’ts don’t know what a good thing to replace it would be. They’ve had seven years and got nothing. And this is a good party that we are going to root for? How are they considered the party that cares when they just want to take away anything good that the other party does? Also Kim Jung Un being president wouldn’t be nearly as bad if the probably senile Trump wasn’t in a dick measuring contestant with him.

In addition to all this terrible stuff going on in the public world, my grandmother died of a stroke after a few years of suffering from dementia. We have all these terrible hurricanes and the sequel to 2016 is becoming an even worse year. Only if Trump were impeached could this year be good in the end. But that would mean the terrible person known as Mike Pence would be president instead.

I don’t know whether or not I’ll watch 10 Days in the Valley, which would air on ABC against this show. I’m thinking that I should put this show on a separate tape system than the usual one. I do that with Survivor so that during Advent and Lent, I can watch it the next day with breakfast or later. The main reason why I haven’t done that is that I normally record different things on tape that day. Now that I don’t want this blog’s posts to be in such a terrible order by keeping it updated at a good time that my sister who doesn’t even read this blog won’t talk about or find weird. I am glad that at least one person has read every post of this and I don’t want to get behind again. I just hope that I can watch shows online if I have to because some sites aren’t working on my outdated laptop. Plus, I might not like the show so I’ll let you know more about it later in this post.

This post just might be the longest one that I have done. And almost none of it relates to the show that I am supposed to be blogging about. Why do people read this blog? I’m honestly surprised that every post has had a viewer, many more than one. It hasn’t been nearly as much as other blogs. I know that my Survivor one gets read and many others aren’t ignored. I just hope that I can talk more about this show and do it on time as well.

While I don’t live in Alabama right now, it is worth noting that a special election to the US Senate will be happening there later this year. It could have been with the rest of the 2018 senate elections, but the new governor of Alabama changed it to earlier. It will be interesting seeing which way it might go. Would a red state elect a blue senator? One can only hope.

Since in addition to Madam Secretary, I talk about politics and football in this blog, I might as well talk some about the national anthem protests at football games. Trump insists on calling out these people and they decided to show him when all of Sunday’s games on September 24th had people kneeling during the anthem instead of standing. I wrote last year how I liked Colin Kapernick for his metaphorical stand on the issue and I’m still on that side.

If we can’t protest the national anthem, then there is a problem with this country and I question if it truly is a democracy. Plus, I get really confused by people saying that this dishonors the veterans of this country. There seems to be a bit of a disconnect here. My grandfather served in World War II and I think that it is good that he never lived to see how terrible our country would become now. What’s ironic is that it’s because of Trump that America is no longer great. He should check his ego at the door.

I found out something interesting online. You may know that I find Neil Gorsuch to be an illegitimate addition to the Supreme Court since Merrick Garland should rightfully be on the court right now. Now I have more reason to worry about him. He’s getting into what could best be described as conflicts of interest. People will always question his place on the court since it was forcefully taken from its rightful replacement. So why would he do this?


I will be watching the NFL as usual which is simply whatever is aired before primetime that I watch. I might watch less at the beginning since The Toy Box will be on as I already told you about. But the fact that Direct TV is letting people cancel their NFL package because of the protest seems kind of mean. If they want to lose their own business, that’s fine with me. It almost makes me wish that I could cancel a subscription to them, but I don’t have one, never have, and probably never will. I just know that I will be watching more of the NFL when I can and even tune in half an hour earlier to shows on Sunday just so I can see games that are on.

I have watched 10 Days in the Valley and I think that I will tune into it more in the future. What’s a bit interesting about it is that is seems to be a shorted plan for ABC from the very beginning. There will be ten episodes and I don’t know if it will be back for a future season or not. ABC has struggled with having a consistent schedule on Sunday nights. They never should have gotten rid of Desperate Housewives, Revenge, or Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

Now for an update as to which of the football teams from LA are doing better. Just because it starts one way at the start of the season doesn’t mean that it will end that way. As of week four, the Rams have three wins and the Chargers have yet to win. Hopefully the Rams can keep winning or LA is just going to hate the fact that they wasted their time getting football teams that aren’t good.

With the presidency, Congress, and Senate all in the hands of Republican’ts, you’d wonder if they could still blame Obama for not willing to work with the other party. Surely, that’s why things weren’t getting done, right? Well, Republican’ts weren’t working with him, not the other way around. If you wanted to blame Obama for things not getting done, you’d have to wonder: why aren’t things getting done now? Well, this is because Republican’ts don’t do anything unless it benefits themselves. Just look at the Supreme Court vacancy. They insisted that it not be filled. Only when Trump took office, they demanded that it be filled and changed the rules to do it. I really hope that people don’t think that Obama was to blame for things not getting done. Look at the current state of things in this country. Republican’ts have all the power and yet they won’t get stuff done. When Democrats had all the power, they finally gave the health care industry a much needed change.

There’s yet another change in the list of what I watch on DVD which is probably the last one that I’ll be telling you about in this post at least. I finished watching The Muppet Show season 1 and am replacing that with Farscape season 3 which I’m borrowing from a friend. This also means that I’m taking NCIS off the list for now and replacing it with NCIS: Los Angeles.

THE IMPORTANT PART OF THIS BLOG POST BEGINS NOW! After the horrible shooting in Las Vegas, you have to remember that there is a candidate for the US Senate who pulled out a gun at a campaign rally. There should not be terrible mass shootings like this ever. But the laws aren’t going to change and things could even get worse. If only there wasn’t an illegal gun market to further complicate matters. But if you can vote in Alabama (good for you for getting past their dumb voter suppression laws), then you should vote for Doug Jones because he actually does good things for people. And if the Trump poison works twice, then there is no way that the seat stays red.

Sorry for the fake out there, but I really wanted to make sure that someone read that part as I didn’t want to put it on social media (although I seem to be able to post anything on google + without fear of backlash, although I did lose one of my nine followers). I have seven pages of this post thus far and not one of them has talked about Madam Secretary. I’m going to ramble for some more so just skip to the usual part where you know that I’m done.

Since I’m still rambling, we might as well get to a serious problem that seems to be happening. If there is a mass shooting where the shooter winds up dead, someone becomes the victim of scapegoating since they might have possibly known something and we have to punish someone apparently. Why is this a huge problem? Well, I don’t think that it was right that simply because someone who knew the Pulse Nightclub shooter that they should be arrested and charged with a crime. This is a dangerous practice that shouldn’t ever happen. Just because someone might have possibly known something might have possibly happened and it happened means that they are guilty and should be punished? I really hope that nothing like this happens with the Las Vegas shooting, although it probably will. What is wrong with this world? I really hope that the end times referenced in Revelation starts to happen unless the world can suddenly undergo a significant improvement.

Before the shows start, I check to see what football games are on. There is nothing on either of my CBS affiliates. There is a Packers versus Cowboys game on FOX. Originally the Packers are winning. The Cowboys then get the lead before it switches back to the Packers winning again. I then switch to watching the on time 60 Minutes. The Packers end up winning in the end. I can actually see the score in a standard definition TV so maybe FOX reads this blog, although that seems unlike since it is or is meant to be about a CBS show. More likely that they randomly changed or someone else complained.

Today’s episode is brought to you by no delay. We begin with a suspect being interrogated. Well, that might be what is going on. Elizabeth gets back from shopping which she really enjoyed. Women. She talks to Henry about their future empty nest. They talk about their kids some. Elizabeth then talks to her team some about plans and stuff. There are problems with the sea regarding some country and China is out of some agreement. Elizabeth will take a meeting to help the situation. Elizabeth’s brother has shown up again. I forget his name. Dmitri is back. Elizabeth tries talking to a person and he winds up passing out, having some sort of medical problem.

In segment two, the person is revealed to have died. Elizabeth’s outfit has something bad related to it. Alison is going off to college soon. It turns out that Morgan Freeman directed the episode. I didn’t know that he directed. Elizabeth wants a blood test done as she suspects foul play going on. Her brother thinks that this is about not sending Alison to college. She talks more to her brother. People suspect that China is up to something and want the news to cover the story. People think that Elizabeth might have murdered the person she talked to.

In segment three, Elizabeth learns from Nadine more about the conspiracy theory going on that had people think that she was responsible for the person’s death. She goes on a speech about how bogus this rumor probably is.

In segment four, Russell continues his crazy antics. He seems to be very similar to Eli from The Good Wife. Nadine gets loud at him for what is going on. She does apologize to Elizabeth right after telling Russell that she wasn’t going to do that. Henry talks to Dmitri and his girlfriend or whoever it is that is with him. Elizabeth tries to learn more about the person’s death from earlier. Elizabeth’s brother has learned more about this death. We don’t know what all these people who are responsible for the death might be capable of.

In segment five, Elizabeth reveals the reason for the person’s death. It relates to some sort of problem with people trying to take over the country. Elizabeth urges a leader to call out the cartels. She then talks with another person as news people show up to get information about the situation of this episode and the things that happened. Dmitri had some sort of problem with what he was told to do. I don’t really understand what went on there. Elizabeth then talks to the senator that she was having problems with earlier. He’ll probably become a recurring evil this season.


On the next Madam Secretary, there is an accident with a car and a girl could be in trouble before it. Didn’t we just see an episode where Elizabeth was blamed for a death? I guess that we’ll see what else happens in the next episode. Remember that updates should be on Mondays after the newest episode aired, but could be on Tuesdays at times. I’ll let you know if a switch to Tuesday becomes permanent or not. There’s not much else to say. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment