Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Episode from 4-29-2018

It turns out that the show has been renewed for another season for sure. That’s pretty good. I will say at the end of the season finale’s post what will happen with this blog over the summer. I don’t know the future of Elementary yet. It seems likely to end, but might not. If it does end, I would do cast updates with it like I do with my Good Wife and CSI: Cyber blogs. And I would add Bebe Neuwirth from this show to it since I don’t know where else to put her in the meantime. I don’t know if she is still acting or not. What I do know is that I did not have much time to work on this post, so I should have more of things mentioned in the next post. I just do not have all the writing time that I used to have.

Today’s episode is brought to you by no delay. We begin with yet another dispute between countries, this one over who owns the North Pole. I thought that Santa Claus did. Elizabeth and some of her team go to a conference in Canada. Jason and Piper go with them. There is a different problem regarding a summit with different types of power. Someone wants to take out nuclear power and replace it with gas power. Hey, as long as they realize that coal power is dying, then there isn’t much else to say about that. Henry has a student that seems to be interesting in some way. I find it weird that he would ask for the papers at the end of class. There is a bombing at the Canadian summit and Elizabeth is instantly worried about Jason.

In segment two, Jason is missing for a bit after the bombing until Elizabeth finds him in Piper’s room. It seems that they were interrupted before sex was going to happen. He was playing music, which makes me wonder if that alone covered up the sound of the alarm that was going off. Otherwise, they should have been able to hear it, right? Were they so horny that they were going to ignore the danger? Also, Henry learns that a student of his seems to have committed plagiarism.

In segment three, Russia is responsible for the bomb, it seems. The student of Henry’s doesn’t want to fight in the Air Force as he doesn’t want to kill anyone. There was a person who was released from jail who bashes people when she was only supposed to apologize. There are more problems with the whole power thing, but not as much as there could be. The parent of this military student of Henry’s says that he could still work in the Air Force if he could see something other than the peaceful side of things since he originally didn’t want to do martial arts until he kept with it.

In segment four, Jason is apologetic over the hotel incident and claims that nothing happened and that he is now being ghosted by Piper. Mr. Shin, the Chinese diplomat that we have seen in various episodes from time to time, shows up again and Elizabeth has to give into demands that China may own parts of the arctic. A ship from a foreign country goes somewhere it shouldn’t be.

In segment five, after some tense moments, the Russian ship turns around. The energy thing seems to be resolved for the moment. Apparently nuclear power is good. But I might have to post a video that would say otherwise. People just want to combat climate change. It is a real thing so it seems dumb that there is a national party that can’t accept that it is real. Nearest I can tell, they want to deny that there is a problem so that they don’t have to solve it. Sorry about that. I went off on a tangent for a bit. As for the rest of the episode, Jason talks to Stevie who randomly shows up again despite not being in a lot of the episodes recently. He and Piper broke up. She just wasn’t ready for more of a relationship.


On the next Madam Secretary, one bit of bad press can take the president down. That can be part of what makes this show fiction. Although, it might depend on what the bad press is. I just know that Trump has gotten a lot of bad press and his administration continues. Actually, I’m kind of annoyed that he is still focused on by the news industry as much as he is when he is always attacking them simply for sharing true stories about him that he doesn’t like. Of course, if he were a more respectable person, then he wouldn’t have to worry about such things. Guess I was political some in this post after all. I’ll be back with the next post on Tuesday as usual. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment