Monday, December 24, 2018

Episode from 12-23-2018

I’m not entirely sure yet when the next new episode of this show will air. What I do know is that it will probably air against The Golden Globes when they are on. This leads me to wonder: will I even care about The Golden Globes this year? There have been times where I ignore all but the shows that I blog about and other times where I try to record or watch all of the shows that I do in addition to The Golden Globes. If the CW shows are still on hiatus, I won’t have anything to worry about. But I might not watch the award shows at all because I’m simply losing interest in general.

As for an update on the Missouri senate race, this was one of the more disappointing results. And it wasn’t just because a Republican won a seat that a Democrat had. Josh Hawley, who won, lied a whole lot and was generally an ass in different ways. Claire McCaskill, who lost, was one of the greatest people in the whole senate. I still hope that she becomes president in the future. A lot of the losses that had happened in the senate were moderate Democrats losing to Republicans. I guess that some people just don’t want someone working with the other party when they could simply be the other party.

В этом параграфе не будет упоминаться журнал Time. Что-то, что я знаю, было то, что русские пытались взломать штаб-квартиру Клэр Маккаскилл, когда она баллотировалась на переизбрание для сената. Им не удалось попасть туда. Но Клэр проиграла переизбрание Джошу Хоули. Означает ли это, что русские помогли ему победить? Я еще не знаю. Я не думаю, что они сделали так, как я не думаю, что он нуждался бы в любой помощи. Тем не менее, с темными денежными связями, которые мы не знаем, откуда они пришли, трудно сказать наверняка, если Джош не получил незаконную помощь. Возможно, это было не из России, как у других.

I’ve said it before and I could say it again, but there are times when you might see paragraphs other than Russian in a regular blog post. I don’t think that I’ll do more than one in a single blog post. So if you see a Russian paragraph, you won’t see a Chinese paragraph. I may yet do Spanish paragraphs. There is a possibility that I will do Korean paragraphs in the future. And I might even do Latin, if there’s a reason for it that I can think of and if there is an option for it in google translate.

After I had mentioned the Indiana senate election, I had talked about my donations to various politicians this election cycle, the first time that I had ever done it. There were four donations total before the main elections. There was a fifth donation for the special senate election in Mississippi. I had hoped that Mike Espy would win. But he did not. Since two of the donations failed by virtue of the people not winning, this means that they will be reassigned for the future. In fact, the same amount will be given twice. One won’t happen again until 2024, when the class one senators are up for reelection again. The others will affect the class two senate candidates in 2020.

Now some of you my know some of my facebook habits. One of them is the election countdowns that I do from time to time. How will you know if I want someone out of office? Well, starting in 2019, I will do a rotation of sorts. If someone is up for reelection in 2020 that I want to lose, I will mention them by name. I’ll start with the main two senate elections that I care about. I’ll then mention the governor race. Then I’ll mention the lesser two senate elections that will only be on the list since two of the people I supported in 2018 lost. Then I’ll mention the presidential race before going back to the other set in the rotation again.

Note that I will certainly be supporting two senators and will change these in the lesser races no matter what. Also note that I’ll probably mention other elections that will be beyond 2020, but I won’t say for sure if those people have to be worried yet or not because I don’t know if I will donate to their opponents or not. It will depend on what happens in 2020.

You might wonder if I will mention in here other elections than the main one. Honestly, I might want to find an alternate blog for politically themed posts. In fact, it might work best if they are in a blog about the show The Good Fight. I’ll only start a blog about that for sure if I had the first season on DVD. But I could do political posts in that blog that aren’t in here. Also, you might wonder if I’d continue updates of politics in any blog if this show were to end.

I had thought that this show might be able to avoid the fate that all shows in this timeslot do. But I no longer think that that will be the case. The ratings are lower than they should be and it could be more of a problem down the line. This show could end this season and only network tradition could keep it alive. But network tradition didn’t keep Scorpion alive. There are a whole list of other blogs that could be in the future for me to create based on other TV shows. But are there any that air on CBS or the CW that could be political enough for me to make the blog partly that?

While the show Salvation was political, it has been cancelled and now I won’t be blogging about it. I did want to at one point when it was delayed to when Elementary aired, but I never did do this and I think that it worked out for the best that it didn’t exist after all.

Before I get any further, I might as well talk about the child separation policy, as I think that will be the focus of this episode somehow since I saw the name of it. And I haven’t thought about what I should do as a limerick in this post yet, so here one is.

To separate parent and child
The affects won’t be mild
For this bad idea
You’d have to be a
Person filled with bile

This is the 100th episode of the show and seems like it might be a two parter, at least. But I’m annoyed that they are airing this the day before Christmas Eve. Don’t they know that people are celebrating the holiday of Festivus today? I should air this as a grievance on the Festivus pole. I have family over and am still taking a gamble into hoping that I can see some of the episode on that day or the next day.

They could have aired this last week. I don’t think most people would have been annoyed by the 30 minute delay because we are used to delays during Super Bowl season. I hope to record this or have the chance to watch it later online. But for OCD reasons, I have to have posted or scheduled this blog for December 24th to keep this rotation going that I have. I’ll let you know what happens and I might not post about the whole episode, which I have done only once before in this blog.

I have the chance to check and switch between the two games that are on FOX and CBS. The game on FOX ran longer than they were expecting. It is the Bears and 49ers playing with the Bears winning. The game on CBS is between the Saints and the Steelers. The Steelers are winning. I stay with the FOX game until the end and the Bears win, unfortunately.

Switching back to the Steelers game, the Saints take the lead in the game after a touchdown of sorts that people weren’t sure of somehow. I guess that I’m not the only one confused about how football works if even those who normally watch the game didn’t realize it at first. The Saints wind up winning in the end after a close game where the Steelers tried to score, but couldn’t.

Today’s episode is brought to you by 57 minute delay. We begin with people near the Mexico border at the state of Arizona. A mother and child arrive in the United States. They are seeking asylum here. This is when the child and parent are separated. The woman learns that she is under arrest instead of being taken under asylum. The child is put on a bus with other children to a detention facility.

Elizabeth and Henry are at a dance class and are about to renew their vows. Apparently, Elizabeth was pregnant which changed the wedding plans. Can Hollywood stop doing this? I’m not saying that it doesn’t happen in real life when people get married because of that and stay together. But you shouldn’t make it seem like nearly everybody does this. Jay calls Elizabeth about the child separation policy, this version being implemented in Arizona by that state’s governor. Conrad and Elizabeth talk to him. He didn’t like the foreign policy deal that Conrad had done and wants a boarder wall. The Arizona statute might be unconstitutional. Elizabeth wants to work with the senator from Arizona to try to get their way. If this is based on real life, he’s going to die with a sense of goodness gone just like John McCain.

In segment two, Jay and Blake are at a basketball game when Jay gets accidently injured. The man who had hurt him wants pot legalized in order to help limit the power drug cartels. I think that I need to put a link in here that I got from confirmation bias about why you shouldn’t do pot. In fact, I might have put this link in my blog before. There is no preliminary injection on the issue and they have to settle it later in court. Russell thinks that the judge has bias and the judge admits to it since he wasn’t chosen for an appellate court. Matt goes on a rant with a possibly random woman about Wynn, who was the election night hook-up that Daisy had two seasons ago and the person who injured Jay in this episode. Elizabeth tries to reason with the senator, whose name I can’t remember right now. Maybe he’s not a caricature of any real person. He doesn’t want to go against his state.

The McCord kids talk about different things relating to the sort of wedding. The band she had booked has broken up at the last minute. I don’t think that I’ve been to a wedding with a band. I’ve been to one with a wedding singer who was also a DJ. Russell learns that the judge has real estate that is affected by Governor Barker of Arizona. Russell is hesitant about whether or not they should bring the information forward but Elizabeth wants to make sure that it is.

In segment three, Jay talks to the senator about his Cuban heritage and why he is against what Conrad wants. They both know Spanish. I don’t recall Jay being revealed to speak that before. I don’t like it if there are just random things brought up that weren’t important before. They talk to a different judge and seems like she’s about to side with Russell’s side, but gets information that causes her to change her mind based on another case that went to the court. Elizabeth talks to Mike, whoever that is, about the renewal of vows that she’s doing. He wants it public to increase her chances of having a run for office, but she wants it private.

The Mexican president talks about issues. It seems like there’s no solution until Henry convinces them to keep going for a solution. Elizabeth wants to visit one of these places to show her support for her allies in Mexico. Russell thinks that it could hurt her chances of running for president.

In segment four, Elizabeth arrives with Cat at a detention facility and there are protestors outside. I am so glad that we are seeing Cat for a change. A person tries to prevent them from entering the place with an ambassador, but a law means that they have to come right in and surrender their phones. Wynn then brings a gift to Daisy that has pot in it. You know, they are doing a good job at making these people look like weirdos. Elizabeth, Cat, and the ambassador see children in cages.

In segment five, we continue with Elizabeth looking at the various people there. She wants a diaper to be changed, but has issues with it. Governor Barker comes in there saying that Elizabeth is trespassing and a sheriff is here to arrest her. He wants them to leave peacefully. She shows up on live TV and she talks to people there about the center. She gets arrested on live TV. This sort of thing hasn’t happened in the US before, according to them. Sure enough, the episode is to be continued…


There are no scenes from next time so I’ll be back when the next episode is. I should have a post for all of the Mondays in January, regardless of if a new episode airs then there not. My Tuesday posts are now done then for a while. I’m glad that I was able to see this and schedule it for the next day after it had aired. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment