Monday, January 7, 2019

Episode from 1-6-2018

Welcome to the first update of the year. I’m not sure if anyone other than me could have even have kept track of the alternating posts between this and the TV blog given the fact that the TV blog would have random updates outside of the Mondays it was on and this blog was updated on Tuesdays after the newest episode aired if the TV blog were on Mondays and then random posts would be updated of this blog whenever not many posts were read in the other blog after a certain amount of updates. But I have good news. There will be a post of this blog every Monday this month, regardless of if there was a new episode or not. There shouldn’t be any unusually timed updates until February.

I don’t know if I should apologize for not getting into the Rams versus Chargers updates that I should be more into the season. At least my facebook group Still a Rams fan has updates onto that on occasion. Going into postseason, The Rams are 13-3. The Chargers are 12-4. Both are in the postseason so I might want to explain more on postseason outside of just those two teams.

Remember how last season, the Rams lost half of their games at home? At a fan from the St. Louis area, this made me a bit happy inside. Well, the Chargers might have gotten that curse this season as all four of their losses during the regular season were in LA. This makes me curious how they will fare in their first postseason game against the Baltimore Ravens that will happen in Baltimore. The Chargers did not get a first round bye like the Rams so they will have to win one more game than the Rams in order to make it to the end. This could potentially mess up the whole tally of who is doing better. The Rams can win the same number of postseason games and make it farther into postseason while the Chargers can get more wins postseason and finish at the same place.

As for more of the postseason, The Colts will play the Texans, the Eagles will play the Bears, and the Seahawks will play the Cowboys. I want the Colts and Eagles to win their games. I’m not sure that I care that much about the other games. Besides the Rams, the other teams that got first round byes are the Saints, Patriots, and Chiefs. We’ll see what happens with all of the games.

Before I get to the updates of how movies have changed, I should remind you of what they will be like at the start of 2019: Friday’s list is Avatar, The Emperor’s New Groove, Fireproof, Lilo and Stitch, Night at the Museum, and Vantage Point. Saturday’s list is Absolute Power, Finding Dory, The Lion King, Minions, Power Rangers: Lightspeed Rescue tape, and The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood. Sunday’s list is The Bourne Legacy, Celtic Woman: Believe, Hancock, Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade, The Muppets Take Manhattan, and The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

Going back to the Iowa governor race, the incumbent Republican Kim Reynolds became the first woman of her state to win election to the governor’s office in her own right. She beat Democrat Fred Hubbell and Libertarian Jake Porter, among others. I’m not upset that she won. I don’t know if I should be or not. What I do know is that her opponents didn’t have the experience that she did. That’s why I’m fine with her winning and someone who is more familiar with Iowa politics could inform me what they think.

When it comes to the 2018 governor elections in general, I’m a bit curious as to why we didn’t hear as much about it as we otherwise could. While we did hear in some places about Georgia’s election, we did not hear about the fact that seven seats were flipped from red to blue and none went from blue to red (although Alaska went from Independent to red). This should have been focused on more, but I guess that it wasn’t as it wasn’t a national issue. I was surprised that CBS was surprised that Scott Walker had lost when no poll that I know of had him winning.

I hope that they go back to the bombing on this show in the future. I don’t know why it was focused on in the first episode of this season, but barely mentioned ever since then. You’d think that it would be more important, it being such a major event. Hopefully, they’ll focus on it more in the future instead of some weird international situation or crisis of the week.

I’ve decided to do awards for bad politics called the Golden Gooseberry Awards. I’m going to start with the nominees of it in this post. This will be for the year 2018. I don’t yet know when the winners will be mentioned, but it will be in another regular post of this blog before the season finale. The final award will list who I believe are the ten worst politicians of the previous year.

The brainless award: Donald Trump, Jeff Flake, Susan Collins, Paul Ryan, Lindsey Graham

The heartless award: Donald Trump, Mitch McConnell, Lindsey Graham, Bret Kavanaugh

The cowardly lion award: Paul Ryan, Jeff Flake, Orin Hatch, Bob Corker

Worst Supreme Court decision: Trump versus Hawaii, Janus versus AFSCME, Husted versus Randolph Institute, Epic Systems Corp. versus Lewis

Hall of shame: Wisconsin’s lame duck session, the confirmation of Bret Kavanaugh, the shutdown over border wall funding, Brian Kemp’s voter suppression

Sadly didn’t win: Stacy Abrams, Beto O Rork, Claire McCaskill, Joe Donnelly, Heidi Heitcamp

Sadly left office: Claire McCaskill, Joe Donnelly, John McCain, Heidi Heitcamp, Anthony Kennedy

Worst election winner: Josh Hawley, Brian Kemp, Michael Madigan

The sore loser award: Scott Walker

Worst Congressman: Paul Ryan

Worst senator: Mitch McConnell, Jeff Flake, Orin Hatch, Ted Cruz, Susan Collins, Bob Corker, Lindsey Graham

Worst governor: Bruce Rauner, Eric Greitens, Scott Walker, Eric Holcomb

The good riddance award: Eric Greitens, Scott Walker, Bruce Rauner, Paul Ryan, Orin Hatch, Jeff Flake, Bob Corker

The dead to me award: Anthony Kennedy, Jeff Flake, Susan Collins

Worst politician: Donald Trump, Mitch McConnell, Michael Madigan, Eric Holcomb, Bruce Rauner, Scott Walker, Ted Cruz, Lindsey Graham, Eric Grietens, Brian Kemp

The government has shut down because Trump is having a temper tantrum on a border wall that for some dumb reason, he can’t fund himself. Does he not have the money to fund this himself? I do have to wonder, if you polled people, just how little of them would support a wall along the Mexican border. I guess it would depend on where you live would affect your thoughts on it.

Illegals come from all sorts of places. You know that some come from the Philippines, right? That island country isn’t going to be kept out by a wall with Mexico. Plus, of the four states that border Mexico, while Arizona, Texas, and New Mexico might all be in favor of a wall, there is no way that California would be. If he doesn’t want funding for a wall, then you’d think a rationally minded person would give up the quest of it.

There’s far too much talk of a wall
And no one is having a ball
There’s a crisis on the border
With so much disorder
Because of a problem far from small

There was a lot of talk about the migrant caravan while it was coming, but nearly none after it had made it here. Meanwhile, the child separation policy that Trump had implemented and then instantly blamed on the Democrats when it was rightfully criticized, continues to cause issues such as at least two deaths of children who were separated. Just know that Obama never did this when he was in charge.


I also promised that I would share this link again due to the pro pot crowd onto why they are wrong. I think that I have probably shared this before, but am not sure. I do know what confirmation bias is now and did get here this way. But if you want to join my side against pot, then share this link with anyone and everyone who irritates you with their pro pot views.


Movie update: On Friday, I watched Night at the Museum and that will be replaced with its sequel: Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian. On Saturday, I watched Minions. That actually creates a bit of an interesting situation that was bound to happen anyways. I will be creating a new list on Mondays. I’ll explain more in the next post. Minions was replaced by Oliver and Company.  On Sunday, I ended up seeing Celtic Woman: Believe and will be replacing it with Celtic Woman: Destiny. I was originally going to put Destiny on a different list which would have caused some weird things to happen, but it will be better if it happens this way in the end.

I check CBS to see if they are airing any football games. They are airing not football. Both of them aren’t airing it. There is no football on FOX. NBC is airing football. They are airing an Eagles versus Bears game. Go Eagles! The Eagles, sadly, are losing, but neither team is above 10 points. The Eagles get a touchdown then a field goal and are now winning. We’ll see if the network’s reception stays good or not.

After turning into 60 Minutes and missing some of it that I would have liked to see, I want to see what the rest of the game is like with the score so close. It turns out that icing the kicker is successful this time around and the Bears lose as a result. They would have won had there not been a timeout. This is like when you are outbid out The Price is Right by one dollar and they win instead of you even though you had the better price first. It’s a rule of the game that gets upsetting. The Eagle’s season continues.

I wonder whether or not to watch the Golden Globes, but decide to since the Wild Card game is over at a good time. This means that today’s episode will be put on my laptop. All I can hope is that the quality of the post doesn’t suffer as a result. This might be the only time this season this happens.

That was the original plan, but NBC wasn’t coming in well where I live for the umpteenth time in my life. So I will be live watching this as usual since I’m not sure that I should be risking watching it. I guess that I will find out later what notable things happened that I would have missed anyways.

Today’s episode is brought to you by no delay. We begin with Elizabeth arriving at a jail. There is a priest there for some reason. Elizabeth unintentionally breaks the Second Commandment (or Third if you are Catholic) in front of him. Elizabeth gets her mug shot taken. Russell is upset about this and talks to Henry and Conrad about this. I can’t believe they actually did a look her up like thing on this show. They need to trend carefully and not give the Arizona governor the attention that he wants. You shouldn’t take a picture and put words on it. That’s often meme.

Stevie is still upset over a band cancelling and talks to Daisy about what’s going on with the renewal of vows. Stevie hadn’t told these people that it was the Secretary of State that they were doing things for. Cat talks to someone over the phone, worried about something and wanting to talk to someone. Mike then talks about her options about what to do and how to get out of it. She talks to Henry about what she should do. She pleads innocent and wants to stay in jail until the children are reunited with their parents. She has a plea to the people about what to do regarding the crisis at the border.

In segment two, Russell is upset as usual. He doesn’t care that Jay is on crutches. Jay wants to make sure that Elizabeth has support and it seems that everyone hates Governor Barker. A guard from one of the places leaks footage of the place and shows support for Elizabeth. Conrad talks to Governor Barker over Skype as usual and the governor refuses to change anything over a policy that Conrad had signed. Some random guy who is there wants to charge Governor Barker with kidnapping.

In segment three, Stevie makes food while booking a band. You know, I don’t think that I’ve ever been to a wedding that lacked a DJ. I went to one with a wedding singer. But he knew how to DJ too so he did that as well. Why are wedding bands a thing? It seems so weird to me. Jay talks to Daisy on the phone and then gets weird talking about a video of some sort. Elizabeth calls him from jail and talks about her special accommodations. Is Jay high? He might be high on painkillers.

Elizabeth doesn’t want there to be a showdown between president and governor. Cat hasn’t seen her father in a couple of years. Jay then talks to that one senator again. Wynn talks about legalizing pot to this senator. Will this strengthen the borders like Wynn thinks? We don’t know the position yet as the show cuts to commercial before he answers.

In segment four, Cat talks with her father who is more Hispanic than I realized. Is Sara Ramirez Hispanic? I guess I never noticed that before if she was. Cat wants to protect her father. From what, exactly? I get confused easily. Lo cento. Henry visits his wife in jail and the Arizona legislature want to pass a bill that would end the policy. The McCord family and a priest visit her. But we don’t see much yet.

In segment five, Elizabeth is in her wedding dress and the person wants photos, even though she wants it to be private. Hopefully, it will stay that way. She couldn’t remember anything in time so lets him go first in the vows. She’s then able to think of something later. Afterwards, they learn that the bill had passed and Governor Barker admitted defeat. The McCords get their official party after all, I think. And Elizabeth was freed from jail, if I didn’t make that clear before. There is a live song that Elizabeth hears from the actual singer who is there. Was she drunk?


On the next Madam Secretary, what? I did not get that. Blake might be under investigation for some sort of something or another. There is a spy of some sort. Something, something, something, dark side. Something, something, something complete. I guess that we’ll find out more about the episode later in the future, when it airs. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment