Monday, January 14, 2019

Episode from 1-13-2019

With Survivor gone until later in February, you might be wondering what I’ll be watching in that timeslot until its return. I can watch up to three different things at the same time. In fact, I could watch a fourth if the newly acquired VCR of mine is used for that purpose. But I’ve lost interest in Chicago Med. It isn’t a bad show, but it is boring enough that I don’t feel I care about it anymore.

So what am I watching then, or planning to? I plan to see Riverdale on the CW. I’ll watch the ABC shows of The Goldbergs and Schooled. I will be keeping the third slot open to watch The World’s Best, but I may not actually see it long term should I not like it for one reason or another. It might not be the type of show that I like anyways, so we’ll see what becomes of it.

Sometimes I mess up with posts and I never change these after the fact. Why am I saying this? Well, I had posted the wrong date of the previous episode’s airing. It should have said 2019 and not 2018. I do think that a lot of people get used to the new year in terms of writing it right away.

There is a potential link to my Good Wife blog that I should do or should have done in previous posts this season. You see, ever since I put the link to an episode here from the third episode of the show that I had blogged about here, I should have also included a link to other episodes or mentioned things from those blog posts in this blog. But I didn’t. Still, I might do that here in future posts.

I have created a new movie watching list on Monday. That list is: Despicable Me, Toy Story, Run Fatboy Run, Back to the Secret Garden, Free Willy, and The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. This is not going to be the only new list I create this year, but I’ll get to the next one that I’m creating in the next post when it will be created.

Now to the political stuff again. There’s one last election of which I need to update you about. Let’s talk about the Wisconsin senate race. In this race, Democrat Tammy Baldwin beat Republican Leah Vukmir and won reelection as a result.

This leads to all the results from all the senate races from 2018. As already revealed in previous posts, the Democrats in Missouri and Indiana lost reelection to Republicans. Florida and North Dakota also had gains by Republicans. Arizona and Nevada had gains by Democrats. No other state had seats flip outside of those six. But with the net gain of the senate being two for the Republicans, this leads to something that few on the left seem to admit or realize: blue wave 2018 never happened. Democrats would have had to have a net gain of just one senate seat for the wave to be real. Instead, they lost seats. Thus, it was not a wave. Sure, they did well in tons of areas. But it wasn’t a wave for them and it certainly wasn’t a wave for the other party either. Why do people think Republicans did good?

You might want a note on the next set of elections. The class two senators will be up in 2020, but I’m not going to get to them yet. Since I care about Kentucky elections and they will be electing a governor in 2019. Thus, the only races I will tell you about will be that election in Kentucky or the presidential race. After the Kentucky race is over, then I’ll be certain to talk about 2020 elections that I care about.

Speaking of the next presidential race, you might have heard rumors that Elizabeth Warren is in the race right now. She might be, but I think that she was just thinking about running and wasn’t actually for sure in the race right now. Still, I want her to run and maybe even win, depending on what else happens and who else is in the race. My own fear is that she might be too polarizing for some people and you’d think that we should have learned our lesson after the last time.

When I think about Elizabeth Warren
The pundits will offer their own spin
They may not like her
But it may not occur
Come 2020, she might win

Before I finish talking about Elizabeth, I thought that I’d point out that some people like to use the one Pocahontas slur in order to talk about her or otherwise insult her. If I were her, I’d start embracing that slur because an insult loses all power if you don’t take it that way and use it yourself.

Movie update: On Monday, I watched Run Fatboy Run and that is now Rush Hour. On Friday, I watched Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian and that is now Tower Heist. On Saturday, I watched The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood, which is a play recording, and that is now Thomas and the Magic Railroad. No movie from a list was watched on Sunday as I instead watched a home video that has my late grandmother and her family in it.

I check for games before primetime and see an Eagles versus Saints game. The Saints are barely winning by only three points. That is what is on FOX. CBS must have already aired any game that they would be showing as their shows are on time. I’ll be sticking with that for now and checking the score between breaks. I hope that I can see other postseason scores to keep you updated about them in later posts as I don’t think that I can always stay updated like I should be.

Checking the score later, I notice that the Saints have extended their lead over the Eagles. I would want the Eagles to win this round, but I’m not sure if they will be facing the Rams or a different team, not yet knowing the scores of the other three games that had already happened. Basically, if a team that I root for beats the Rams in postseason, they will then be the lowest rated of the teams that I root for unless they are the Panthers, the already lowest team that I root for, which would then be removed from the list of teams that I root for. If I do not root for this team, they would then be the next level anti-team of which I would root against under all cases unless they play a different anti-team added to the list before. Still, I’d rather not get into complicated things unless I have to.

My last check of the game reveals that the Saints won their game. A sports update shows me that the Chiefs are still in postseason while the Chargers have been eliminated. I have no idea what happened with the Rams game from earlier so we’ll see if they are still in the postseason or if I have a new anti-team to root against.

Today’s episode is brought to you by no delay. We begin with a fighter pilot in the sky. Teletubbies say goodbye. Oh, wait… (Can you believe that I just referenced that?) A Congressman is there and helps with some sort of ceremony of sorts. Henry is there and seems like he will use a plane. A possibly random guy who I think we’ve seen before but I can’t remember who he is talks about funding issues with the planes in question. Elizabeth has to convince Taiwan to buy one of the planes. It always has to relate to another country most of the time.

Daisy has a dog in a cone for some reason. She pawns the dog off on Matt possibly like how an older sibling would pawn off a job on a younger sibling. If that’s the case, then this could only end badly. We then see Elizabeth talking to different people about what to do. I’m sure that there will probably be a solution before the hour ends. Elizabeth talks to her husband after his joyride? What? Lee from China is butting his head in things again. He doesn’t want the deal to happen. People have to figure out how the leak happened and he figured this out. There are always repercussions, it seems.

In segment two, Blake is brought in to talk to people. Was he the leak? Matt talks to himself or someone or the dog. I’m not sure. I think that he got the meaning of therapy dog confused. The dog leaves, but Daisy catches it and brings it back.

Blake talks more about Gary, the person who they think was the one who leaked the info to the Chinese. Blake takes Gary out for a drink, but he seems to see through some of the trick. His place is investigated during the meantime. Gary’s sister named Megan might have been responsible for the leak in question. It turns out that they want these people to go through with the sale in a way of tricking them somehow. I’m not entirely sure what is going on.

In segment three, they talk about Foster who is what exactly? It is a company that they need to hold accountable in some way. Conrad terminates the contract. Jay informs Blake about what’s going on. It seems like Gary might be in serious trouble for brining classified information home on his laptop. We then get to Canada where Lee and Elizabeth meet with some other person. I don’t think that it was a Canadian since they didn’t say aboot right. Someone might have been taking pictures of some of the meeting in question.

Jay has to mediate in the discussion about Waffles the dog that Daisy and Matt are having. Daisy gets emotional about it. Congressman Grant has a speech about it where he lies about what’s going on. I don’t think that these are intentional lies, but maybe they are. The picture is what he sees as proof that they had some sort of cozy relationship of sorts. He doesn’t realize that they initially wanted to do the deal.

In segment four, Russell doesn’t know how things will work out. They meet with Congress and others to try to figure out how to deal with the situation going forward. Elizabeth explains about the spying that they were doing. A person explains how they don’t want the jets, although I’m not sure that he does a good job explaining it. The vote might still go forward. Gary complains about what’s going on over his dumb mistake. He talks to Blake again at the same bar as before. It seems that the vote might still move forward with a veto proof majority.

In segment five, Elizabeth explains how the deal is terrible but they don’t know what to do. All of this has some sort of link to Dwight Eisenhower. They wonder how far the corruption with Foster goes. We see a guy named James arrested at a golf game. This brings forth the end of the deal. There will be a deal of custody ownership with Waffles. Henry talks to someone that I can’t remember clearly about what had gone on and he (not Henry) might have been the person who tipped off the DOJ about the whole Foster. Elizabeth is upset that they have wound up with some of the planes that she felt that they did not need. But the episode suddenly ends there.


On the next Madam Secretary in two weeks, it turns out that actions of some sort lead to people being on the brink of war. You will see a political post of this blog next week. Will the issues of this episode be the reason for problems in the next one? I guess that we’ll see for sure later, hopefully, or maybe not. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment