Thursday, October 17, 2019

Politics: Ten Politicians Worse than Trump

Before I get to this random, political post, you might be wondering why I’m doing this post now instead of something about Republicans in general. I realized that I hadn’t really started doing the political posts for Republicans in general until the summer hiatus and it just happened to line up with when I would have talked about it in regular posts. Thus, I’m probably done talking about them until either the end of the season or sometime next year should this blog continue and I still wind up doing political posts sometimes in it.

I know that this was a theme that I was just doing in my Good Wife blog for whenever I did political posts in it. This will also give me a sort of second chance should I have to discontinue hardly read posts from it in that blog. I might have to discontinue the general Republican one too in the future, but I’ll post one last one if that is to happen in the future. Now let’s get to a more proper introduction.

Something that is good to remember is that while we have bad things in this world, we could wind up with worse things. So when it comes to who could be worse than Trump, there are some rules that I need to do. First, I am limiting this to American politicians. Brett Kavanaugh is not a politician. Next, I’m only going to include people who are still alive. With those being the only rules, let’s get to the bottom ten since that’s the point of this blog post.

#10 Mike Madigan: The Illinois Speaker of the House, I’m not entirely sure if he belongs on this list, but not because he isn’t a terrible politician. I’m not sure if he’s worse than Trump, but he is exactly the same type of career politician that Trump was trying to get out of office. He has been a major problem in Illinois politics for quite some time, Mike. If things don’t get done his way, they don’t get done at all. And that’s a huge problem. He’s like Marie Barrone from Everybody Loves Raymond. As long as he’s alive, he’ll be a problem in office.

#9 Anthony Weiner: Also maybe not worse than Trump, I still think that he is a terrible person who should be on this list. Everything he did was overshadowed by numerous sex scandals. You’d think that texting his wiener to people would be the worst of it. But he has done so much wrong that I feel he deserves his place on this list.

#8 Sarah Palin: Does this woman even have any good qualities about her? Why would anyone really like her? She quit being a governor for no good reason. She’s more of a cable news fixture now than anyone real important. She might have given rise to these terrible rallies that we see too much of over and over again. Her lack of intelligence is surprising.

#7 William Barr: Maybe he shouldn’t count because attorney general might not be considered a politician in a way. He’s so bad at his job, that I don’t recall what was wrong with the last attorney general that we had. He acts like Trump’s lackey and doesn’t even do much outside of trying to make it seem like Trump is above the law.

#6 George Ryan: This former governor of Illinois may make you think that there could be a theme of sorts you’ll see in this post. He was responsible for legislation that got him imprisoned after people actually died. It was the type of quid pro quo and white collar crime that has lead to many people in that state to having problems.

#5 Lindsey Graham: He might only be on here due to his horrible rant in favor of the most junior associate justice on the Supreme Court. But he is one of the worst politicians around and he has done a lot of bad while not doing a lot of good. He doesn’t do much and what he does should not be done at all. Will we ever see the end of his reign? Well, he’s up for reelection next year and I haven’t forgotten about his bill with Bill Cassidy.

#4 Brian Kemp: The incumbent governor of Georgia did such terrible things in order to get into the office he has now. Making things worse: he didn’t break the law in order to do it. He did have to change the law in order to get his way, but he was responsible for the worse case of voter suppression that I’m familiar with in our country nowadays. He makes me glad that I don’t live in that state, even though my state’s governors haven’t been that great.

#3 Rod Blagojevich: Speaking of my state’s governors, this guy was so awful, he couldn’t even get along with members of his own party. Or, perhaps, they knew better than to work with him. Whatever the reasons, he did way more illegal activity than trying to sell a vacant senate seat and nearly all of the legislature at the time voted to remove him from office. Sadly, he can still hold federal office or office in any other state, such as Colorado where he currently resides in jail. When he gets out, I hope that he stays as he ain’t welcome back here.

#2 Roy Moore: The response for why people should vote for him is somehow more irrational than the support for Trump. He didn’t win office the most recent time, but you would have thought that his state would know better than to let him get as far as he did or get further any other time. One can only hope that he doesn’t win the nomination this time around.

#1 Mitch McConnell: He is the absolute worst politician I can think of. I thought that he was bad when Obama was in office. Somehow, he has gotten to be even worse than usual. And his usual was almost all bad in the first place. He knows how terrible he is and isn’t even trying to hide his shady connections to Russia. I hope not to get excited if he dies and that is the only way he leaves office. He’s so awful that I can only hope that some Democrat can get enough votes in his state or some more capable Republican can beat him in a primary.


That’s all for this post. I don’t know for sure when I’ll be doing other political posts. If the show ever gets preempted, I will certainly try to think of something this simple and easy, but hopefully not something that will take too long to write or get easily distracted from.

No comments:

Post a Comment