Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Episode from 3-25-2018

Now I should finally tell you about the next level of teams that I’ll root for in terms of football. Due to the hurricanes last year, I’m going to root for any of the teams with locations affected by them. This means that I’ll root for the Houston Texans as one of the teams. Of the other four teams, they only played and lost to the Jacksonville Jaguars. This gives them 0 out of 1 point. As for the Jaguars, they beat the Texans and lost to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. This gives them 1 out of 2 points.

Figuring out the Buccaneers next, they beat the Jaguars and beat the Miami Dolphins. This gives them 2 out of 2 points. As for the Dolphins, they have 0 out of 1 point for losing to the Buccaneers. I guess that I can only rank the Buccaneers as the highest, Jaguars as second highest, and wait until there is a game played between the Dolphins and Texans before I can rank those two teams. Of course, I might have to change the order of what tier one teams that I root for. But I’ll wait until the next post to do that. There are always games that need to be played in the future. In addition to the Dolphins and Texans needing to play each other, the Texans and Buccaneers as well as the Dolphins and Jaguars need to play each other as well in order for my full ranking to work.

Who I’m still into with March Madness: Duke, Kansas, and Texas A & M. I might add another team to this list, but I don’t know for sure yet if I will. It all depends on what might air before this show tonight. If nothing airs right before it, then I’m set with these three teams until the end as all the others that I care about have already been eliminated.

With me keeping track of the primary elections of the states of Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Missouri, and Indiana, you might remember who I suggested to vote for in each primary should that state be voting for if they were electing a senator, governor, or both. What I was not sure of is when some of the primaries are happening. I know that Illinois’s election happened on March 20th. I learned that Missouri’s is April 3rd. Now if I only knew for sure when the other ones are, I’d be sure to post the dates here. If you want to know my suggestions as to who to vote for in each election, you’d have to check the archives from October onward and let me know if any are in need of updating.

For anyone who reads this blog that supports Trump, why do you do that? What makes you think that he’s a good person? Would a good person fire someone who is two days away from retiring? At least I heard about people who hired him so he would still be able to acquire retirement benefits. I do wonder why people think that Trump has done more than Obama ever has. What has he done that was any good? I know that Trump appointed a lot of judges. But these were vacancies that had happened while Obama was still president that Republican’ts in natural fashion refused to act on. So if the work is just now getting done, that is not the accomplishment that people think it is. And we still don’t know for sure if this new tax code will be any good.

With me not liking either the Democrat or the Republican’t in the race for Illinois governor, I can at least hope that ending the current administration is a good idea. This line of thinking failed me back in 2014, but it could prove better this time. What’s notable is that Eric Gretiens, a person who endorsed Bruce Rauner, is having problems of his own and this could hurt Bruce.

Texas A & M has been eliminated from the tournament by Michigan. Kansas and Duke both won their games and will now have to face each other in the elite 8. Only one can win and continue. And I don’t think that I’ll be getting another team this time around, based on what I saw of scheduling.

It is Kansas and Duke playing each other in the game before shows start on CBS. I think that I would rather Kansas win. But I’d be okay with either team winning. What I need to do is see which teams should be my anti-teams by beating teams that I root for. But I’ll only care if the winner of this game gets eliminated from the tournament at the semi-finals before the championship game.

After six, I’m still watching the game because I have seen the episode of Bob’s Burgers that is airing. Right now, Duke is winning the game, but there has been a lot of back and forth with it. The game then gets tied and goes to overtime. A person is taken out of the game due to injury. The game gets tied again. Duke then takes the lead. The game gets tied again. Kansas then takes the lead. They stop the game for a while over who last touched the ball. Kansas keeps raising the score and winds up winning the game.

Now the last two out of three years, the winner of this game (whatever one aired before Sundays on primetime on CBS the second week) won the tournament. It might have happened the other time should they have aired a game on CBS the second week (they didn’t for some reason, although it might have been to avoid airing something on Easter, and this was 2016, I believe). Will history repeat itself? And do you know what I’m talking about? I guess that we’ll see what ends up happening.

Today’s episode is brought to you by 35 minute delay. We begin with a flashback to ten years ago and Conrad is talking to a group of people. He says that his quest for public office is ending. He had missed a debate. But what happened? We then get to a medical exam being done by his doctor. Russell tells Conrad about a newly elected person of some country. It sounds similar to a Nelson Mandela situation. Alison learns that her aunt named Marine (well, probably spelt differently, but that’s what I’m going to stick with) will be coming over. We then get to the person who they are talking about. Conrad seems to be reluctant to returning to office until he is sure that he’s healthy again.

In segment two, we get to more of the crisis of the week. What is it? Well, I don’t quite understand. But there seems to be a Buddhist versus Muslim mentality going on. But this might be somewhere other than the place with the new president. I’m confused by this. Marine is then seen at the McCord house. Cat has issues trying to resolve her problem with whatever issue is going on. The acting president wants to wait until Conrad is back in charge to make a decision, but Russell urges her to go ahead anyways.

In segment three, Conrad talks to his wife about something. We then go back to when he was running for governor. But some sort of crisis comes up at a debate. He has an emergency and has to leave before the debate happens. His brother was in the hospital and suffered from delusions. Henry gives another of his grand speeches to one of his children. In a rarity, it isn’t Jason on the receiving end of this speech. Elizabeth thinks that the problem at hand is ethnic cleansing and she wants to make sure that doesn’t happen. There are problems that are shown with drawings that Elizabeth is trying to explain.

In segment four, Marine, Henry, and Alison are at a restaurant. There is bickering between Henry and Marine. I think that they must be siblings. I still don’t understand the crisis of the episode. What is going on and why? Does Conrad still want to be president? He isn’t sure if he can trust himself because he is still upset over almost messing up by wanting to strike Russia.

It is at this point around the 10:25 mark that I start watching this. It is the start of a new act, so that’s good. There is a flashback to ten years ago. We see a young Russell who is meeting with Conrad, the future president. Conrad thinks that he’s not cut out for politics. He lost an election of some sort. He missed a debate, but we don’t know why, or I don’t, having not yet seen the earlier part of this episode.

There are family issues that keep Russell up at night. We then return to the present when Conrad meets with some important person who might be a president of some country yet is also a refugee? Is that right? 3% of a country needs saved. A Buddhist saying is brought up for some reason. Alison is hosting her aunt named Marine who is there for some reason. They want to play some sort of card game. They are playing for cookies. The country that is the focus today is Burma, I think. Will it always be a different country? There is a PSA at the end and some sort of singing that I don’t quite get.


On the next Madam Secretary, Conrad is back and wants to lift sanctions on some place, only Elizabeth doesn’t like this. There aren’t going to be problems with him being back in charge, is there? It seems that there will be a new episode next week on Easter. I hope that I don’t miss it, but I have a two day turnaround for posting it in case I can’t see it live. Meanwhile, this will affect two other blogs of mine and I hope that it can be good that they are published on this time. Things are getting kind of busy for me. But I think that things should work out well in the end, hopefully. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment