Monday, October 29, 2018

Episode from 10-28-2018

There have been years since before October even started, they were doing Christmas commercials. It is not always that ridiculous, but often is. I have this annual tradition of boycotting the company that airs the first Christmas commercial of the year until the new year starts. This means that they don’t get any of my business with Christmas shopping or anything else. It has normally been K-mart that gets it. As Charlie Babbitt would say, “K-mart sucks.” But then it became Best Buy one year.

I can’t even think of what it might have been last year, just that it didn’t affect me. I might have even decided that some that could have counted earlier didn’t count. This year, the annual boycott goes to Disney cruises. Guess that I won’t be going on one of them this year. I say that as if I had the likelihood of going on a cruise at any point during this year.

В этом абзаце не будет упоминаться журнал Time, но в нем будет упоминание о том, что вы увидите в блоге в будущем. Во время ужасающего фиаско Бретта Кавано, Трамп утверждал, что китайцы пытались взломать выборы. Это несмотря на любые доказательства, подтверждающие это. Он утверждал, что это будет возмездием за тарифы, которые они совершили. Совет: если вы не хотите, чтобы были негативные последствия для плохой идеи, тогда не делайте плохую идею. Я могу только догадываться, что слухи о китайском хаке были просто отвлечь нас от того, что происходило с Бреттом в то время. Таким образом, вы будете видеть абзацы на китайском языке (или мандарин, если хотите быть техничным) в будущем, когда я делаю статьи о Бретте. Google translate предлагает два варианта для этого, и я буду придерживаться более простого. Это означает, что в разных постах вы можете увидеть упоминания о том же выпуске «Время».

It was on Monday, October 22, 2018 that I rolled the next Survivor: Borneo episode called Thy Name is Duplicity. This explains why the previous post of this blog was on Tuesday instead of Monday. That also explains why the rotation of some of the posts was changed as a result.

Since I was pressed for time during the last post, I didn’t end up writing about the Wisconsin senate race in question. The race is now incumbent Democratic senator Tammy Baldwin versus the Republican Leah Vukmir. Leah tried to link Tammy to terrorists in a terrible lie. It seems like nearly all of the Republicans I can think of are lying in ads. I would say that if you can vote in Wisconsin (hopefully you can despite the voter id laws in that state) that you should vote for Tammy.

I do wonder if I’d ever wind up starting a different blog and put political posts there instead of here. I would only do this if this show ended. I don’t yet know the fate of the TV show Salvation, but if I did a blog about it, it could be where I could transfer political posts to. I don’t think that we have to worry about this show ending for a while at least.

While I’ve already talked about Josh Hawley before, the Republican candidate for Missouri senate, I felt that he has now done the second worst ad of this election cycle. It is about fighting for the Supreme Court. Despite the fact that the vacancy is now filled, he still ran the ad afterwards. Even if he wins, it might be unlikely that there will be another vacancy any time soon. He seems sour about something that ended in a victory for his side anyways. He’s so full of himself and so is nearly everyone on his side about nearly everything nowadays.

There might be more that I want to say about Brett Kavanaugh, but I might just save it for a political post in the future. There is one thing that I think is quite relevant. At first, I thought that this song from The Hunchback of Notre Dame would be a good allegory for Trump and Stormy Daniels. Now, I think that it is a better allegory for Brett and any of the women he might have hurt or tried to.


Another dumb thing in the world today is a political billboard on the way to work that I drive by. It is set up going both ways and says Trump 2020 on it. This is how asinine the Trump supporters are. I did do a quick thing on paint on my laptop that seeks to counter things like that.


Now there are bomb attempts that have happened in the country against people. All of these people are predominate Democrats who are critical of Trump in some way. Obama was a target. But is this really a good idea to continue to go after people who aren’t in power anymore and have little influence on the world? People continue to target Obama and the Clintons in less mean ways despite the fact that they will get more and more irrelevant as the world goes by.

Now some of these people targeted are still important in some way. I don’t know who could do it. It is likely a Trump supporter, but might not be. It may be unlikely, but it could be a Democrat who wants outraged people to vote against Republicans. I doubt that it is Trump himself, although it could be. Still, I don’t think that the mystery will be solved before Election Day this year.

A bomber must be a lunatic
Going after any Trump critic
No bombs went off
No lives were lost
But the culprit surely is sick

Crap seems to be the major feature in nearly every election in this country nowadays. Some people just make up crap and the other side has to fact check them. It seems that the Republicans are more likely to lie and the Democrats call them out on it. But whether or not the Democrats will be believed or voted for as a result is currently unknown. I’m starting to think that there is a clear difference between the monkeys of this world and the politicians: the monkeys don’t throw as much crap at each other. And here is a song done by a boss from a video game that accurately portrays the degradation of politics as a whole in this country.


Movie update: I actually got some movie watching done this time. Friday’s movie Jason Bourne is now The Little Mermaid. My high school graduation DVD is now The Land before Time. And I finally finished watching my movie length home videos and that is now replaced by Hancock.

I found out more information on the suspected bomber in question. They think that they have the guy responsible. This link doesn’t have all the information as this person might have confessed. I will do a thread in this blog where I talk about terrible criminals but not mention their names. They don’t need that kind of publicity. Still, you at least need to know what happened with this. Why would someone try to kill Bill Clinton anyways? Are you that bitter about fights that are long over?


I’m going to do endorsements of various races that I care about. This will not cover all of them, but it will cover events in states that I care about. In Illinois, the people that I think that you should vote for are J. B. Pritzker for governor and Erika Harold for attorney general. In Wisconsin, you should vote for Tony Evers for governor and Tammy Baldwin for senate. In Missouri, you should vote for Claire McCaskill for senate. In Indiana, you should vote for Joe Donnelly for senate.

60 Minutes starts on time so I watch that. Meanwhile, I check FOX and they are airing a football game of the Rams against the Packers. The Rams are winning 23-20, but there is still a lot of game left. I try to check the score during the first commercial break and get more commercials. Game five of the World Series is tonight. I had no idea that was still going on. I don’t care about it this time around.

Checking the score later, the Packers have 27 points and the Rams have 29. This is right before the two minute warning. I hope that I can see the final score later. Via a sports update on CBS, I am able to see that the Rams won with that score as the final score. I’ll have to keep better track of the Chargers to see how many losses the Rams would have to have in order to even things out. The poor Chargers have only come out on top once in their fight against the Rams since they moved to LA: last year during preseason when they won a game against them.

Today’s episode is brought to you by no delay. We begin with a flashback to 1945. Something happened in South Dakota. A woman gets a letter from the secretary of war. We then go to the present and we see who I can only guess to be the same woman in Philadelphia. She gets a call, but we don’t see what was said in it just yet. Russell talks to Elizabeth. She is told on the phone that remains are coming back. Only this woman is critical of Conrad over this.

Elizabeth wants to help out however she could. Can she get these soldiers home? He didn’t tell Gordon about this. Who’s Gordon? We’ve probably seen him before, but I can’t remember him. He works for the department of justice. In the Philippines, a diplomat from there talks to Elizabeth. Alison is working on a campaign of some person for some reason. This is a new plot point. Elizabeth talks with Jay and some other person about what’s going on. Henry and Stevie are at a restaurant. His family is kicked out of the restaurant in question over the veteran policy.

In segment two, Elizabeth meets with the woman in question whose name I’m not sure that I know just yet. A lot of people from World War II have not had remains returned. Her name is Gloria. She will stay quiet until the midterms. Alison is on the phone, waiting for someone. The sign language interrupter is not here yet. He knows some sign language, it seems.

Cat is finally back. Where has she been and why? Some random guy is talked to. What’s with the whole lesser of two evils talk? Sometimes they say this, but a person clearly isn’t evil. And they talk about the evil one as if they are the lesser evil one. Some people might still be convinced that Roy Moore was the better pick. Sorry about that. There is fair too much fear mongering on the right, I mean, the wrong. Jay talks to a person trying to offer a solution.

A commercial aired in my region during the break that just speaks to how horrible Republicans are. They cannot accept that anything wrong has ever happened on their side and that all the problems of the world lie with the Democrats. I don’t know if Trump should be impeached yet. Let the investigations into him run its course. I mean, it took over two years before they could get Rod Blagojevich on anything. But let’s not pretend that if Obama or Hillary Clinton had done half the shit that he has that they would have already been impeached at this point.

People don’t care that he’s politically incorrect or has acted more unpresidential than anyone who has ever held this office. Republicans don’t care that they are ruining their party’s name and would do better off without him. I have donated to people when I never thought I would do this before. I do not think that people who are against potential impeachment of Trump would be against the same thing happening to Obama. Republicans can fuck off.

In segment three, Elizabeth tries to recover the bodies while problems like weather and insurgents are issues with it. The midterms are on everyone’s minds. Elizabeth and Russell have disagreements about what all is going on. Will she be able to bring these people home? Her team comes with an intervention of sorts. She learns about what’s going on at the restaurant and ignores the issue. Well, that’s how it seems now, at least. Was James Buchanan really the last secretary of state to become president? I guess that I would have to check to know for sure. What I do know is that other people have gone from the cabinet of one president to winning the next election.

Alison talks to Craig about part of his platform that he is excluding. I didn’t quite get all of that right now. Elizabeth talks to the president of the Philippines about what’s going on. Elizabeth is being told not to be disrespectful in any way. She sort of threatens him and have a sort of silent conversation or not really. It seems that way. This is the man who had harassed her earlier. That was a while ago.

In segment four, it turns out that the people are being brought home. Gloria’s husband will not get a military funeral because he went A.W.O.L. There might be a mystery here. But what will the end result of all of this be? There was an uncle in the family who served in the military. Should Elizabeth tell Gloria about what’s going on? Someone is taking shots that might be running for president like Elizabeth wants to. You know, if there were any real people in the presidential race now, that would be worrisome.

Cat talks to someone about the foreign policy about how he blocked an aid package. I do not get this at all. Where did this come from? Does it relate to the restaurant? Who is the senator? Why does there have to be a villain in American politics every season?

In segment five, it is the father of Gloria that died. I should have known. Elizabeth told Gloria about what had happened. The file will remain classified. He is coming home. They are already getting to the results of what’s going on. This is in stark contrast to what they did with the presidential election two seasons ago when it was after the election when the results happened. The student loan forgiveness issue that Alison’s former employer worked for made her bitter, but Elizabeth convinces her to vote because you shouldn’t vote against someone against one single issue. Yet many in the pro-life crowd don’t seem to realize it. I do. There is a private funeral that happens.


On the next Madam Secretary, Elizabeth is ready for the top job, but she hasn’t told her kids yet and they could influence things. I guess that we’ll have to see what happens in the next episode and what else could be in the episode in question. Sorry if I’m angry, but hopefully, that can subside by the time that Election Day happens. Of course, I could be even more angry by then. I’ll have to pray over this and hope that God says yes like when I prayed that Doug Jones would get elected. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment